Intern - Venture Investing (m/f/d)
hy‘s mission is to fully understand the transformational power of the global tech and digital ecosystem and to utilize it to the benefit of our clients: entrepreneurs, corporations and government institutions. We are a professional services firm and we tackle the challenges of the digital transformation for our clients. Our diverse team of entrepreneurs, analysts, venture developers and digital experts meets our clients at eye level and engages with them as peers.
We are based in Berlin and we are a portfolio company of Axel Springer SE, Europe’s leading digital media company and transformational pioneer. Egon Zehnder and Klöckner are strategic partners of hy, offering their global network and expertise as part of hy‘s customized services and solutions. Our CEO, best-selling author Christoph Keese ("Silicon Valley", "Silicon Germany", "Disrupt Yourself"), is one of the most acknowledged experts when it comes to digital transformation and disruptive business strategies.
As an Intern for Venture Investing, you will assist the members of the Solutions team working on projects and topics related to (corporate) venture capital. You will support our team with (a) client-focused work on specific projects and (b) general research on new trends in venture investing and its implications for clients’ strategies and operations.
Our projects cover the strategy, execution and implementation of state-of-the-art venture investing activities. Therefore, you will work on a range of project modules with different deliverables. Your support, including amongst others data analysis, market research and the preparation of client documents and presentations, will ensure the smooth running of several projects simultaneously.
In your daily routine, you will also closely cooperate with other teams within hy and support the day-to-day operations within our growing organisation.
You have a great interest in venture investing and you are very structured in your work approach and passionate about hy’s mission. Furthermore, you are able to effectively communicate all this to others on a highly professional level.
- Successfully completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management or a related field
- Relevant practical experiences in venture capital, M&A, top-tier management consulting and/or strategy units of leading corporates
- Absolute passion for technology and its impact on business models
- Excellent analytical skills and affinity for quantitative reasoning
- Strong customer focus in communicating, solving problems and preparing documents with great attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Powerpoint/Excel and experience with research databases
- Ability to work independently, under limited supervision and in a team
- Proficiency in German and English
- Availability to work full-time in Berlin, preferably for at least 4-6 months
At hy, we offer a competitive salary, an encouraging atmosphere and a great, highly motivated team. We believe in providing our team with extras which are high quality and meaningful.