Senior Project Manager (m/f/d) - Corporate & Business Development / Investments
Axel Springer SE is one of Europe’s leading media companies with more than 16,000 employees and, through our subsidiaries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Today, our digital entities contribute more than 80% to the group’s EBITDA. Our more than 200 investments, e.g. StepStone, Business Insider, Idealo, Awin, finanzen.net, eMarketer, SeLoger and Immowelt hold market leading positions in their respective fields of business. We thrive to become the world’s leading digital publisher.
Our Corporate & Business Development / Investments team acts as an in-house consultancy for the whole Axel Springer group. Our team is a trusted advisor and sparring partner for Axel Springer’s Top Management. We drive transformational change by supporting high-impact projects to help our internal clients reach their strategic goals.
We support our top management in actively expanding our portfolio through new investments in Europe and the US. To further pursue our national and international growth strategy we are looking for a talented and ambitious.
- Planning, leading and executing complex projects in all areas of business and corporate development (new product strategies, strategic re-organization, change management, spin offs, M&A, divestments, etc.)
- Heading and co-ordinating cross-functional project teams of internal staff and external consultants, active stakeholder management
- Identifying trends and growth potentials as well as driving innovative business modeling and bringing strategies to life
- Drafting presentations to serve as a basis for top management decisions
- Leading workshops and meetings with C-level discussing project results, next steps and defining new projects
- Excellent degree from a leading university in a business-related field
- 5+ years of relevant project management expertise, preferably in a top-tier management/strategy consultancy or a strategic corporate function
- Experienced in strategy development and implementation, business development and organizational development, M&A is a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial mind and holistic way of thinking
- In-depth know-how of and enthusiasm for digital business models
- Self-driven, independent and reliable working style with curiosity to think beyond the obvious
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and management and talented in managing and balancing stakeholder interests
- Fluent in German and English, proficiency in French is a plus; extensive MS office knowledge
What we offer
- Full ownership for your projects and opportunities of realizing your own ideas of how to further grow the Axel Springer group
- Wide range of opportunities to develop your own career path within Axel Springer by turning strategic projects into successful businesses within the group
- Deep insights into the digital media industry at top-management level
- Being part of a motivated, dynamic and international team as heart of our further digital transformation
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Attractive job based in Berlin’s exciting city center, with the possibility for longer project-related stints in our other locations e.g. New York, San Francisco, London, Paris
- We offer you a permanent full-time position from now
Questions regarding this position (reference number 000100662) will be answered gladly by:
Claudia Model via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Axel Springer emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.