Brand Manager (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colorful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a talented German-speaking Brand Manager (m/f) to join our Team in Berlin!
As a Brand Manager (m/f) at Babbel you will be part of Beat, Babbel’s in-house Creative Agency. We are on a mission to deliver high quality storytelling aimed at growing our learner base. In this role, you will be directly responsible for delivering both the strategic direction and executional excellence to define and bring to life the future brand strategy at Babbel.
Your responsibilities will include
- Partnering with our research team to understand our consumers and apply those insights to marketing activities
- Evaluating and guiding integrated campaign creative development from both in-house creatives and external creative agencies
- Writing effective marketing and creative briefs that drive real business impact
- Defining both global and local brand strategies and communication plans with the country management team
- Project/stakeholder management of major integrated marketing campaigns
- A strong communicator who can express his/her thoughts simply
- Humble and willing to be a team player
- Willing to tackle any problem that is thrown at you with an open mind
- Always curious and interested to learn and develop yourself, the team, channel and company
- Always thinking proactively about how to improve status-quo
- Fluency in both English and German
- Solid understanding of the German market
- 3+ years of experience in a Brand role, specifically:
- Experience working with creative teams/departments and evaluating creative work
- Experience working cross-functionally and executing large-scale projects
- Experience writing marketing and creative briefs
- Experience working with international teams
Nice to have
- Experience working in consumer research
- Creative art direction/copywriting knowledge
- Creative, media, and/or production agency experience
- Performance marketing knowledge
- Marketing mix and channels expertise
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems - at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and ourtechblog!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) 151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Nikolina Dosen via e-mail for more information.