Computational Linguistics Engineer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 500 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Computational Linguistics Engineer to join our Team in Berlin!
In your day to day role, you will work in a small team of computational linguists researching and prototyping natural language processing applications supporting Babbel's company mission to enable everyone learning languages. You will collaborate with different stakeholders in Engineering, Product and Didactics to consult, plan and implement use cases to improve the product and the content production with NLP.
- Work closely with your team and stakeholders by providing linguistic expertise and direction
- Work with different departments to identify, conceptualise and implement use cases for NLP
- Improve and extend our linguistic infrastructure
- Design and refine frameworks for collecting and evaluating data annotation
- Monitor quality of data acquisition and design improvement proposals
- Visualise statistical data for different audiences
- Master's degree in computational linguistics or a related discipline
- Significant professional experience, preferably in a software production environment
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python / Java
- Proven experience working with natural language data in the context of business goals
- Proven experience with natural language processing tools and frameworks
- Expertise in analytics / statistics
- Strong technical communication skills with the ability to adapt to audiences with different levels of expertise
Nice to have
- Experience working with learner language data
- Some proficiency in multiple languages
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: grammatical error correction, conversational interfaces, speech recognition
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog! Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us or get in touch with Diana Gaiu for more information.