Head of Data Analytics (m/f)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Speak the language like you’ve always wanted to.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 39 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for Head of Data and Analytics (m/f) to join our Berlin office.
We can’t wait to see what you make of your job, for starters these will be your responsibilities
- You lead as well as grow our team of young and talented data analysts. The team supports Marketing, Product and Finance to achieve their goals with the help of data.
- Under your leadership, they develop statistical models to drive business and functional decisions, supporting Sales and Revenue Growth, as well as Budget Planning, classic Product decisions and new business development.
- Together you feed the report hungry crowd with smartly designed reports and data visualisations
- You collaborate with our engaged Data Engineering team to innovate and deliver on solutions and tools for reporting and querying.
- Your way of presenting & communicating your analysis is an inspiration to your audience and Analysts alike.
- You evolve our understanding of marketing attribution modelling and work together with Product and Engineering to bring experimentation to the next level.
- The team and you evangelise and teach insight-driven decision making
- At least 5 years of experience of data analysis preferably in an online business
- Experience in building and leading an analytics team and function in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in at least one Data Science Toolkit like Python or R. We use Python
- A proven track record of driving analysis towards a business decision
- In-depth knowledge of experiment design
- Working proficiency in English will be needed to navigate the international environment of Babbel - you also speak a foreign language if English is your native tongue
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags...
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog! Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us or get in touch with Martin Forry for more information.