Junior Content Strategist (m/f) - German
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are also available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 500 team members from over 42 different countries working hard to set a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Junior Content Strategist (m/f) for our Wording & Translations team in Berlin!
As a Junior Content Strategist you will act as (and contribute in shaping) the voice of the Babbel brand and tonality in German, helping deliver great stories across multiple off- and online channels (from Babbel Magazine to Social Media posts).
You will be working on proprietary style guides and glossaries, defining specific wording standards for each text-type in cooperation with other professionals across the company in order to create, maintain and improve content for all Babbel’s products and channels.
All of that while being part of an in-house agency and working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
- A talented editor and a creative storyteller with a relentless strive for great copy
- A language enthusiast with superior communication, writing and editing skills in German
- Confident in translating, adapting and localising content in order to target German speaking markets
- Pragmatic, proactive, versatile and highly collaborative
- Familiar with the mobile app field
- University degree in translation, linguistics, communication, journalism or a related field
- At least 1 year of experience in copywriting, copy-editing, translation/transcreation
- An ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, and self-manage while managing assigned projects under tight deadlines
- A proven record of working with content for digital products (web and/or mobile experiences)
- Problem solving attitude with good communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Native level in German and good command of English
Feel free to include links to samples of your work that show experience with different types of content.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of any additional languages
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Project management skills
You will be
- Copywriting, copy-editing, proofreading, translating and transcreating a wide variety of high-quality digital content in German
- Crafting and editing clear, concise, compelling and grammatically impeccable copy
- Ensuring and help shaping brand tonality consistency as well as wording and language usage standards across all German assets
- Elevating the overall quality of the (already) existing content by updating online copy
- Coached while sharing best practices with other W&T Content Strategists to develop the best approaches for our mission
- Cooperating with the W&T Managers to help handle and deliver copy through the various content creation and review phases of online and offline projects
- Creating, maintaining and promoting style guides and glossaries together with the team
- Contributing to product localization and shaping a tone of voice for German that excites our customers across all our product platforms
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).