Backend Engineer (m/w) Computational Linguistics
- Mit Berufserfahrung
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 300 team members from over 28 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a backend engineer with experience modeling and processing natural language texts.
You are an experienced backend developer who is driven to solve challenging technical problems, eager to continuously learn and experiment, and comfortable driving organizational change.
- design and implementation of the technical architecture to support innovative tooling for working with linguistic data.
- work in a small, focused team in close collaboration with linguistic experts and UI/UX researchers, as well as other experienced software engineers, with the aim to deliver quality software in rapid product development cycles.
- design, develop, and implement innovative language learning features within a highly data-driven process.
- at least 3+ years of backend engineering work experience, preferably in a software production environment related to computational linguistics
- proven software engineering and software architecture experience
- proven experience working with natural language data in the context of business goals
- fluent english
- strong communication skills
- bonus: experience with graph databases, or prior work with graphical models
- bonus: experience with Elasticsearch
- bonus: experience with JSON/XML APIs
- You will change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Access to one of the most interesting linguistic data in the industry
- A great product and highly motivated team that wants to push boundaries
- Potential within a fast growing team with long-term prospects
- a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- a vibrant international team from over 25 different nationalities
- excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- great company benefits (High-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks, Hackathons etc.)