Internet of Things (IoT) Engineer (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We believe that the efficient management of buildings and office spaces is key to curbing the impact of climate change, enabling ta more comfortable, productive and healthier working environment, and we’re looking for early team members passionate about this mission.
We are currently looking for an experienced IoT Engineer (m/f). You’ll be part of a team that builds a state-of-the-art infrastructure and networking solution. The scope of the work extends from sensors and network nodes, to dedicated gateways within commercial buildings, and connecting to cloud services. You will help build an affodable and simple to use cloud-based building automation software for small and medium-sized offices, to collect, manage, and integrate building devices in real time.
We are ready for you to start as soon as possible.
- Develop microservices for the EdgeX Foundry gateway (DELL) using GO/Java to connect to third party hardware and software using multiple communication protocols and wired bus systems like enocean, ZigBee, BACnet, LoRa, ZWave, MQTT, DALI, Modbus, etc.
- Develop software on EdgeX gateway to perform core services for IoT networks, such as data orchestration, rule engines, system management, Edge analytics (ML, CEP, AI) etc.
- Optimize the integration between the gateway and the backend Ensure a robust security and system management for the IoT networks
- Analyzing functionality, scalability and security of IoT networks
- Deploy and maintain IoT edge solutions at the customer site
- Experience in using embedded devices (sensors, gateways, routers, …)
- Experience with wireless communication and networking products (WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE, etc.)
- Experience with wired bus systems (KNX, DALI, Modbus, BACnet, etc.)
- Experience with sensor protocols (EnOcean, Zigbee, etc.)
- You have a clear understanding of IoT with ability to explain different use cases and their benefits.
- You are able to use and adapt open source tools and libraries.
- You have experience in networking.
- You’re ready for heavy collaboration, code review and pair-programming.
- You have experience using version control systems, preferably git.
- You hold BSc in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Signal processing, or related field.
- Good English communication skills, German is a plus
- Basic experience in hardware design and troubleshooting, including designing analog and digital circuits, PCB design, components sourcing and assembly.
- Familiar with standard hardware protocols (USB, UART, I2C, SMBus, etc.)
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Smart Home / IoT
- Energy management
- Industry automation
- Metering / Smart metering
- Low level software development
What we offer?
- Working directly with the founders and shaping the company, who just received 7-digit Seed funding
- Having impact on the product from day 1
- A steep learning curve
- Working in downtown Berlin
- International team
- Compensation: Competitive [salary + option] package, depending on experience