City Manager (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit. By merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology and expert coaching we are empowering people around Europe, and soon the world, to Sweat Smarter Together! Our outdoor workouts led by fitness experts offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring and analytics - transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we're building a world-class team to make BEAT81 a household name in fitness and technology. Join us in our mission to create lasting wellbeing!
About the role
The BEAT81 Operations department is structured in two functions: Central Operations (Real Estate, B2B, Coach Acquisition & Services, Schedule & Analytics, Equipment & Logistics) in our HQ and the local City Management which is responsible for the roll-out and growth of our cities.
As a City Manager, you will take full responsibility for the launch, growth, and development of your city. With the full support of the HQ departments (Marketing, Product, Central Operations) and together with your partner in crime - the City Head Coach - you will build and implement the market growth strategy and establish a world-class team of coaches and the very best indoor and outdoor locations in your city to make BEAT81 the #1 fitness company in your city.
The role of the City Manager is the ideal starting point for taking a deep dive into our core business and to develop in a senior management position at BEAT81 - either by taking an assignment in our international roll-outs in 2020 such NYC, Shanghai, Paris, San Francisco, Tokyo or by developing into a team leader role and taking ownership for multiple cities in a geographic area.
- Take full ownership for the launch, growth, and development of your city
- Work in close collaboration with the City Head Coach
- Deliver world-class BEAT81 operations within your city, managing all aspects of local operations
- Own growth of the business
- Leverage HQ functions (e.g. marketing, government relations, business development, finance) to boost growth and help define the goals and objectives at the local level
- Adjust our launching playbook to local needs
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through adaptability
- 3+ years of experience in operations, business development or consulting, ideally in a highly professional startup environment
- You graduated from a top tier university or business school with a degree in management, finance or similar
- Hands-on, determined and able to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, problem-solving skills, structured thinking & ability to work autonomously
- Excellent people person with proven communication skills across varying stakeholders
- Strong customer focus
- Track record of structuring workflows, building effective processes & delivering excellent results
- Fluent in English and German, other European languages - in particular, the language of your city - are a plus
- Willingness to travel and for multi-week/month assignments in your city
- Join our mission to build the largest fitness company that is delivering lasting wellbeing in the world
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team of Europe's fastest-growing fitness technology startup backed by Europe's best VCs and a unique team of fitness experts
- A high degree of responsibility, autonomy, and impact in a rapid environment with flat hierarchies
- The right equipment you need to get your work done!
- Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime
- Regular sports and social team events
We, at BEAT81, believe that a great working environment reflects our diverse world. Everyone is welcome, regardless of gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, or a secret dislike for burpees.
All you need is a passion for fitness and the desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups.