Lead Designer (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit. By merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology and expert coaching we are empowering people around Europe, and soon the world, to Sweat Smarter Together! Our outdoor workouts led by fitness experts offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring and analytics - transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we're building a world-class team to make BEAT81 a household name in fitness and technology. Join us in our mission to create lasting wellbeing!
About the role
BEAT81 is and always will be a lifestyle product. Therefore great design is key to our success. Take on responsibility in establishing a design system, efficient design processes and guidelines in line with our corporate identity. Build a design team around you and ensure that design changes can happen consistently and with little effort across all our applications. Work closely with our founders, product managers, developers, customers, and coaches to lead the definition and implementation of design best practices for all our applications. Be part of the initial design of our new customer app and help us improve the designs of our coach app and website, by using your creativity and eye for user behavior to optimize the user experience. Support us in building the greatest health and fitness services in the world and see your design used by users all over the world.
- Develop a design system (starting with a pattern library) to ensure a consistent look and feel and to enable quick prototyping and efficient design updates across all our applications
- Create user-friendly and developer-friendly designs for our product, considering research insights, product, and technical requirements as well as design best practices
- Grow and lead our design team and ensure smooth collaboration with our Front-end Developers and Product Managers to find the best solutions for end-users
- Execute all visual design stages from concept over mock-ups to final hand-off and asset production
- Establish an efficient design process that allows for short feedback cycles, including analysis, user-tests and stakeholder meetings
- Establish and promote BEAT81 design guidelines, best practices, and standards among the company
- Degree in Design (e.g. Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial), or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design with a relevant portfolio (especially in mobile UX/ UI)
- 2+ years of experience with design systems and how to create them
- High proficiency in Adobe products and/or Sketch, as well as wire-framing/mockup software (Invision, Figma, Zeplin)
- A mobile-first mindset and excellent visual design skills with a strong eye for details and knowledge in optimal app design
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and deliver multiple projects on time
- Ability to always consider customer, business and developer needs in all designs
- Process model experience, e.g. Scrum, Kanban is considered a plus
- Fluent in English
- German is a plus
- Join our mission to build the largest fitness company that is delivering lasting wellbeing in the world
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team of Europe's fastest-growing fitness technology startup backed by Europe's best VCs and a unique team of fitness experts
- A high degree of responsibility, autonomy, and impact in a rapid environment with flat hierarchies
- The right equipment you need to get your work done!
- Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime
- Regular sports and social team events
We, at BEAT81, believe that a great working environment reflects our diverse world. Everyone is welcome, regardless of gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, or a secret dislike for burpees.
All you need is a passion for fitness and the desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups.
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM?
Send your CV and a short intro via email, use the editor tool above to avoid poor looking posts, and to considerably speed up the review process.