Data Scientist (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are a breakthrough Fintech startup in Berlin that aims to revolutionize small business financing. We are a team of high-calibre start-up veterans that successfully founded, grew, and sold their first company (founded Zencap, sold to Funding Circle) and are now scaling our next venture. We have a world-class team on the ground and some of the strongest investors in Europe backing our company.
Based on big data analytics, fully digitalized processes and a highly scalable state of the art tech platform, we offer the simplest and fastest way for small businesses to access capital. Our innovative solution provides financing against open invoices of small businesses – no hidden fees, no paperwork, no boring bank branches. Financing as it should be. Like that, we will make a lasting impact on small businesses that provide jobs and income for millions.
Join us to create the future of small business financing!
About the role
As a Quant/Data Scientist (m/f) at Billie you will work on extending and improving our capabilities that lie at the heart of our business: our quantitative risk engines, prediction models, and fraud detection algorithms. The high impact-projects you will be working on will also touch upon many other parts of the company. You will support product managers with in-depth quantitative analyses of customer behaviour, help set up experiments and improve our A/B-testing capabilities, thus enabling important product decisions to be data-driven. Furthermore, you will get the chance to support marketing and sales with analyses, visualizations, statistical models and tools to empower them to make the best decisions about who and when to contact for maximum impact.
To spur innovation in all these areas you will tap into new data sources, assess them for and integrate them into our predictive models. Alongside these tasks you will develop and improve internal data science tools and libraries and constantly improve the performance and quality of internal, data-driven processes. You will join our experienced and high-profile team, work closely with our Chief Risk Officer, the data science team as well as the founders. You will be able to work autonomously and have full ownership of your area of responsibility whilst also working closely with key members of our experienced leadership team.
- Department: Risk
- Reporting Line: Chief Risk Officer
- Working Hours: Full/Part-Time
- Languages: English mandatory, German is a plus
- Location: Berlin
- Duration: Permanent
Who we are looking for
- You hold a University degree within a relevant area (maths, physics, engineering, economics or equivalent with a quantitative focus)
- You have 2+ years experience in quantitative risk modeling, statistical modeling or machine learning
- You have strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills to master complex, data-driven challenges
- You are a self-starter with a strong drive to succeed and are excited to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- You are keen to learn and ready to take on interesting challenges
- You are fluent in R or Python (ideally you know your way around the tidyverse)
- You practice reproducible research principles (preferably using R Notebooks or Jupyter Notebooks)
- You are well experienced in SQL
- You know how to wrap models in RESTful APIs to make them available and know about Microservices
- You can build quantitative tools in R Shiny (or are willing to learn it)
- You know how to build intuitive and effective data visualizations (ideally with ggplot2 and Tableau)
- You have the ability and interest to learn new technologies and methods
What are nice-to-haves
- You have experience in credit risk modeling for consumer or small business lending
- You cover code by tests
- You use version control (preferably git)
- You have worked with Docker before
- You know Bayesian statistics
- You have experience with natural language processing
What we offer you
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe
- Becoming part of an international team of highly motivated, experienced, and skilled young top performers where hierarchies don't matter, but passion and drive do
- A great mission - we empower small businesses, the engine of economic growth
- A fantastic learning opportunity to develop in the area of quantitative risk modeling
- A great office near Checkpoint Charlie with a free gym, healthy snacks and cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks