Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis in our Berlin office. You are the ideal candidate for Bitwala if you are passionate about technology, cryptocurrency and fintech. By working with us, you will be part of a great team and share the belief in our mission of bringing traditional finance and cryptocurrency together for the first time, in one product.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop, construct, maintain, expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing and building company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
These will be your tasks
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies
- Work with stakeholders including the Trading, Finance and Compliance teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
You're offering these qualifications
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience building, maintaining and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Database architecture skills;
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating and processing from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Familiar with AWS (EC2, Lambda, RDS, Redshift)
- Solid programming skills in one or more of: Python, Node, Scala, Go
- Passion and experience in DevOps
- Security is important to you
- Great at git
- Able to think on your feet
- Enjoy working in a small team
- Cracking at communicating
We're offering these benefits
- Get upfront experience pioneering the future of Fintech
- Learning and Development opportunities, taking ownership and responsibilities
- Cool office in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Young, international, entrepreneurial co-founders and colleagues
- Fresh fruits, soft drinks, great coffee and an amazing team!
We're looking forward to hearing from you!