Head of Customer Support (m/f/d)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 12 million people around the globe to keep learning new and exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is a fast-growing business and company. We are more than 150 people and plan to grow further to build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner. As Head of Customer Support, you will be responsible for providing high quality and efficient customer service to customers through the guidance of a team of 6 to include planning, mentoring, coaching.
- Promote a customer-centric approach and provide direction to your team through the continued quick growth of our customer base.
- Build and evolve processes aimed at delivering an amazing customer experience to improve retention flows positively impacting revenue.
- Constantly improve operational processes to increase team efficiency and improve customer service.
- Support your team members’ career and personal development through feedback and coaching.
- Plan ahead, identify workforce needs and hire, onboard and motivate a team of great professionals.
- 2+ years of leadership experience within customer service, ideally within a quickly scaling startup environment
- In-depth experience in working with outsourcing partners and process optimisation
- In-depth experience utilising Zendesk (or a similar customer service tool) to foster data-driven processes and task automation.
- Expertise with different customer retention strategies through customer service channels– Resourceful growth mindset: You strive for continuous improvement, promote learning and resiliently pursue ambitious goals.
- Empathic leader: You easily create long-lasting connections with team members as well as other stakeholders and know how to align everyone on shared objectives.
- Excellent written and spoken English and at least working proficiency in German
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.