- Mit Berufserfahrung
Business Intelligence empowers Pepper’s analytical capabilities by processing an extensive data stream. The team works closely with all major stakeholders in the company to continuously improve our analytical capabilities and positively impact our business outcome. As DWH/BI Developer, you will design, develop and maintain our Data warehouse and BI infrastructure. You will have the chance to develop our infrastructure from scratch based on real time data streaming for our Historical data structure and Real time analysis through ElasticSearch & Kibana.
Pepper.com is an international partner network which is attentively different to other deal platforms - you won’t find lax offers, only the hottest deals by and for price-conscious users. Around the clock the community seeks and finds the best offers in fashion, electronics, traveling and much more. With 500 million page impressions, over 25 mln users and over 65,000 user submitted deals per month across communities in America, Europe and Asia, Pepper has quickly risen to be the largest community deal platform worldwide!
Our partner network consists of:
hotukdeals.com - UK
mydealz.de - Germany
dealabs.com - France
pepper.pl - Poland
nl.pepper.com - Netherlands
preisjaeger.at - Austria
promodescuentos.com - Mexico
buenosdeals.com - U.S.
desidime.com - India
pepper.co.kr - Korea
pelando.com.br - Brazil
Your responsibilities would include
- Embrace agile development and exchange ideas with internal and external stakeholders about how technology can solve business problems.
- Implement and maintain our BI infrastructure: MySQL Servers, Pentaho data pipelines, Power BI & Kibana reporting tools, Pentaho custom reports.
- Developing of Data Warehouse based on real time event data through MySQL server using Pentaho data pipelines and other BI solutions.
- Understand business needs, resolve data discrepancies and definition mismatches. Ensure that the Business Intelligence data warehouse is the single source of truth for our company data.
- You are part of the BI team, acting on the interface between our Backend Developers and Business Analysts.
- You extract, transform and load data from external and internal data sources.
- You write maintainable, extensible, high quality and re-usable code.
- You continuously refine your knowledge about the data warehouse, as well as your understanding of the supported business domains.
The qualities we are looking for are
- You hold a degree in computer science, engineering or similar field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working on BI related topics including develop and maintenance of ETL processes and data warehouse.
- You're up to date with current technology and always eager to learn new things.
- You have a strong understanding of BI concepts and tools, you ideally gained 2 years of working experience in an international, dynamic ecommerce environment.
- You gained significant conceptual, logical and/or physical experience in data modelling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems.
- You have experience with MSBI Stack, Pentaho PDI, Power BI, Tableau, MySQL, JIRA and GitLab.
- You are proficient in SQL and familiar with concepts of database design. Experience with distributed analytics databases and real time data streaming.
- You gained significant experience in developing physical dimensional models, OLAP processes or data visualizations.
- Fluent English is a must, German speaking skills a plus.
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are
- Any tech equipment/gadgets you want
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome and passionate team to work with
- Monthly “Hack” days can be used to learn new technologies and skills
- Great office in the heart of the startup scene in Berlin
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV, your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.