Managing Director (m/f/d)
Care.com Europe GmbH is a subsidiary of Care.com Inc., the world’s largest online platform for care with 31 million members in more than 20 countries. Care.com’s online platform services 4 different verticals: childcare, elderly care, pet care and home and lifestyle. With our double-sided marketplace, care providers have the option to find work within the care industry and individuals and/or families can find care services suitable to their needs. Our mission is to improve the lives of families and caregivers by building a global care infrastructure which helps companies and economies grow!
As Managing Director of International you will be responsible for Care.com’s overall international business, including its consumer marketplace and B2B offerings. You will have accountability for planning and execution of the international business, including meeting revenue targets while managing operational budgets.
The position is based in Care.com’s international headquarters, located in Berlin, Germany. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a general manager for an online consumer service in Europe while speaking German and English fluently.
Specific responsibilities include
- Defining an annual operating plan for the international business: The Care.com international business includes a direct-to-consumer marketplace business operating in 20 countries, service delivery for an enterprise backup care offering, and an international staffing business, currently focused on cross-border placement of nurses
- Managing execution across all functional teams (marketing, product, engineering, operations, legal, HR, finance) to achieve the annual operating plan
- Hiring, managing, and developing key leaders across all functional teams while the management of some functional teams may be matrixed into the headquarters of Care.com in Boston. Accordingly, you should be comfortable with managing in a matrixed organization
- Identifying opportunities for business growth (including M&A opportunities), leading the development of investment cases, and delivering on opportunities selected for investment
- Establishing and adapting a company culture consistent with the Care.com corporate culture
- Identifying and managing general corporate issues (in collaboration with Care.com headquarters), including personnel issues, real estate/facilities issues, IT issues, legal/regulatory issues, etc.
- Be the external spokesperson for Care.com and Care.com’s mission at industry events and conferences
- Statutory responsibilities of the Managing Director role of a German entity
- Several years of P&L management experience in a consumer online business in Europe
- Proven track record of setting goals and delivering operating results that meet or exceed plan
- Strong leadership skills and experience, including a proven ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Sound business judgement and excellent quantitative skills, including a sound understanding of quantitative consumer marketing programs
- Experience interacting with executive teams and boards
- Managing Director / General Manager experience preferred
- Experience managing a subsidiary of a US-based company preferred
- Fluency in German and English
How to reach out?
Welookforwardtohearingfromyou! Please send your CV via mail.