HR Administrator / Employee Experience (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are currently looking for HR Administrator/Employee Experience (m/f) to join our EU team in Berlin. Our ideal candidate has a background in administration and office management, has strong organizational skills and loves having - and building structure. This person has a true passion for people and culture and the drive to help those around them, and, of course, they must love sleep!
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Be the first point of contact for all EU employees regarding HR topics
- Act as liaison for the global People team and work on several projects for the People team
- Handle HR-related documentation and compliance with labor, immigration and social insurance law for the employees, e.g. health insurances sign-ups for the German entity, incoming invoices, set up new employees for all EU entities, forms for parental leave etc., and maintain digital and physical HR records
- Prepare contracts, certificates of employment, reference letters and other employee-related documents
- Prepare regular reports on HR and recruiting topics
- Obtain overview for current visa status for all EU employees and draft new visa applications
- Take over responsibility for the corporate pension scheme according to the 2019 legal framework
- Support payroll processes for all the EU entities and cooperate closely with the external payroll provider and the US Finance team
- Track sickness and holidays accordingly as well as any other absence
- Roll out our Human Resources Information System and advise accordingly, and maintain employee records in the system
- Prepare all necessary steps to write and publish job ads, find and communicate with external agencies or temporary workers or 3rd party providers, actively search for passive candidates, pre-screen incoming applications, ATS-admin via Greenhouse, review and coordinate the recruiting process and ensure good candidate experience end to end
- Be the first point of contact for external partners
- Take care of our chip cards and keys and be responsible for security checks
- Handle IT administration on the ground in cooperation with out US IT team
- Organize the on- and off-boarding of employees
- Handle the travel administration for our EU employees through our travel tool (Comtravo)
- Be responsible for our lunch orders and our non-food supplies
Our dream candidate has…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field
- Experience in working in a similar position within an international and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of the German labor law
- Ability to work in cooperation with all levels of employees and to handle and protect highly confidential information
- Fluency in English and German (additional European languages are a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Solid relationship skills
- Experience in successfully building up employee experience settings
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Solution-oriented approach: turn problems into opportunities
- A multitask hero in them - they can handle any inquiries & projects with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated resilience and flexibility in a fast-moving environment
- A curious mind always eager to learn and develop quickly
- Must love sleep! And naps! And pillow talk!
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A cool office in Berlin Mitte
- Catered lunches twice a week to catch up with your teammates
- Free snacks and coffee
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!