Category Manager (m/f)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’ve made Berlin our new European Headquarters! Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s fastest growing international companies?
Join us at Wayfair where we are a zillions things home, together with our other brands AllModern and Joss&Main. Wayfair was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Our company was founded in 2002 and grows at >50% a year. Wayfair has ambitious plans to triple our global business over the next 3-5 years and investments in our International markets are a big part of the global strategy. We are currently targeting over 100% growth rates in Europe.
The Category Manager is essentially a business unit manager that will oversee a specific area of the overall Wayfair portfolio, for example our lighting division or our bathroom division. Yes, we have so many lights in our product range that they actually are their own a product category!
As Category Manager you are a key and integral part in the performance of that product category and by extension the entire business. You are the face of Wayfair to our supplier partners and are primarily responsible for building relationships and driving negotiations with the supplier partners that help Wayfair improve the economics of the business.
As a Category Manager you…
- Manage your product category
- Manage a team of 2-3 category associates
- Play a keManage y and integral role in the performance of that product category and by extension the entire business
- Are the face of Wayfair to our supplier partners and a rockstar at negotiating with them
- Nurture and develop this long term, mutually beneficial relationship and are primarily responsible for building relationships that help Wayfair improve the economics of the business
- Focus on analyzing and understanding the trends in your business
- Execute projects to impact change
- Provide recommendations to relevant parties
- Work cross functionally with all business stakeholders (operations, marketing, buying, pricing, merchandising etc.)
Who Wayfair is looking for
- You love analyzing and drawing conclusions from data and even taking it a step further to find solutions to all upcoming problems.
- You are an excel freak at heart and can easily multi task between different data sheets.
- You are able to identify trends and areas of improvement, this is when your true consulting skills come to surface
- You can benefit from your strong communication and negotiating skills to further build relationships and drive profitability.
- You have a crazy fascination for some of the following words: analysis, statistics, economics, business analysis, consulting, corporate and investment banking, retail product management
- You want real ownership of key products within a major category within the Wayfair portfolio, make strategic decisions and influence the direction of the business
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome, multinational team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in ecommerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.