Senior React Native Developer (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Chatterbug is building the internet’s best way to learn a language by empowering those who speak languages: Humans! Humans build our curriculum, teach our students how to speak in one-on-one lessons, and now we are looking for a few more humans to join us in making Chatterbug the best it can be.
About the job
We believe that design and usability are the foundation of an excellent product experience. Our small Product/Design and Engineering teams work together very closely all the way from concept to final implementation. We use an iterative process, release often, and stay open to feedback.
As we are starting on some major product improvements, we are looking to add an experienced React Native developer to our team in order to expand the scope of what's possible with Chatterbug.
In this job we’ll rely on your mobile expertise to build our app, provide early input to the product team by informing them of what’s possible within the mobile ecosystem, and staying on top of current trends.
Our mobile app is built with React-Native where we target both iOS and Android. Within our app, we use:
- Wix’ React Native Navigation
- Apollo GraphQL
- React Native ART
You’re a multi-talented engineer who wants to join our team building our language-learning product and infrastructure. You will be part of a small development team and have the opportunity to own major components of our systems.
You’ll ship new features to our students and tutors, you’ll help be in service of our growing curriculum development team building our language learning content, and you’ll assist in digging into technical issues in our stack.
You’re an active learner whose passions may include learning languages. (If you know a language other than English please tell us!)
- Strong familiarity with Native Android or iOS development, their toolchains, and deployment pipelines
- At least 3 years experience as a front-end engineer
- Experience building and architecting mobile apps and leading other developers in executing our vision effectively
- Have worked on a small team or desire to do so
- The necessary communication skills and initiative to lead your own projects
- You live in Berlin or are willing to move here
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience with GraphQL, styled-components and Babel
- Read Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material design documentation
Benefits at Chatterbug
- A leading role in shaping an area of growing importance to Chatterbug: mobile!
- We’ll pay for you to learn a language - either with us or take a class, on us. You can also elect a friend or family member to learn with us for free, too
- 26 days paid holiday
- Regular fun events, team dinners and an annual company summit abroad
- A lovely, apartment style office in the heart of Berlin (with free fruit!)