Senior Web/Mobile Designer (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Chatterbug is building the internet’s best way to learn a language by empowering those who speak them: humans! Humans build our curriculum, teach our students how to speak in one-on-one lessons, and now we are looking for a few more humans to help build our product.
About the job
We believe that design and usability are the foundation of an excellent product experience. Our Product/Design and Engineering teams (both of which are small) work together very closely all the way from concept to final implementation. We use an iterative process, release often, and stay open to feedback.
As we release new language curricula and expand the scope of what's possible with Chatterbug, we've found our ambitions have exceeded our ability to turn them into reality. That's where you come in.
We use a design-first methodology as much as possible, and are currently building experiences across desktop, mobile-web, and iOS/Android (phone & tablet). In addition to our language-learning users, we are also crafting product experiences for our language tutors, curriculum developers, customer service, marketing, and administration teams.
Beyond the internet, the product/design team is also responsible for helping design physical goods such as stickers, booth materials, posters, shirts, and more!
Our tools include:
We often work together on designs, ping-ponging back and forth with design suggestions and improvements. It's common for us to generate dozens of concepts around a single design goal to stimulate creativity and avoid the dangers of first-design-is-best-design thinking.
As our team grows, we'll need better tooling around design collaboration, so if you have experience in this, we need your expertise!
If your skills also reach into the technical, you'll be interested to know that we're working on building up a design system of React components for use across all our web and mobile products.
- Experience with Sketch (or a similar product like Figma)
- Experience with HTML/CSS so you understand how your designs will translate into code
- Have worked on a small team or desire to do so
- Take pride in clear communication and collaborating with your peers
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
Ideally you will also have:
- Expertise in other design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc
- An understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design System
- Empathy for language learners. You love learning, and are excited to help people learn a new language
- Live in or are willing to relocate to Berlin and can work in the EU
Benefits at Chatterbug
- A key role in shaping the direction of a rapidly evolving product
- We’ll pay for you to learn a language - either with us or take a class, on us. You can also elect a friend or family member to learn with us for free, too
- 26 days paid holiday
- Regular fun events, team dinners and an annual company summit abroad
- A lovely, apartment style office in the heart of Berlin (with free fruit!)