Virtual Reality Team Lead (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Chatterbug is building the internet’s most effective system to learn languages, and we’re now looking to develop a new kind of learning experience in Virtual Reality. We are searching for a technical team lead who can help us hire and lead a team of developers and designers who will create a new way to learn a foreign language.
About the job
We believe that virtual reality and specifically the new generation of stand alone units provide the opportunity to learn a new language in an immersive spatial context that has never been possible before.
You will work with our extensive and experienced team of curriculum developers and educators to design and develop immersive experiences that help students acquire and retain vocabulary and grammar more intuitively and efficiently than previously possible.
You will also work with our technical team to integrate the virtual application with our mobile and web applications.
You have wide-reaching experience in building virtual reality applications and hiring great people to build them with you. You know how to iterate quickly, test with real users and ship fast. You have a depth of knowledge of what works and doesn't tend to work in VR and can creatively work with other teams to build amazing experiences.
You have full stack knowledge of the VR pipeline, including software development, asset design, game design and ops. You've probably built and shipped something by yourself, but are better with a great team and you know how to hire them. You're excited to build and define a new VR team focused on a new and amazing challenge.
You’re an active learner whose passions may include learning languages. (If you know a language other than English please tell us!)
- Have led a small team building cool things in VR
- Experience working with Unity or Unreal development engines
- Self-motivated, inventive and ability to take initiative building a complex project from the ground up
- Live in or are willing to relocate to Berlin and can work in the EU
- A leading role in shaping a brand new and exciting part of the company
- We’ll pay for you to learn a language - either with us or take a class, on us. You can also elect a friend or family member to learn with us for free, too
- 26 days paid holiday
- Regular fun events, team dinners and an annual company summit abroad
- A lovely, apartment style office in the heart of Berlin (with free fruit!)