Vice President People (m/f/d)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Who is Clark?
Since our founding in 2015, we follow our Vision to create a world where people love insurance by using the Clark insurance Manager App. This is recognized not only by almost 100.000 customers, but also by Bloomberg, who named us one of the 50 most promising startups in the world 2017. Due to our smart technology and our expert know-how, we are combining the old and the new worlds, making our products highly attractive for both the B2B and B2C markets. With a total funding of $45mio, led by Portag3 Ventures and White Star Capital, we are ready to conquer the world!
This is an exciting career opportunity for a commercially focused, hands-on HR professional. In the role of a VP People, you will work closely with the Clark management team as the core and managing person, who is leading the people team directly, in addition oversees the full organization in terms of human resources.
Clark is growing steadily and therefore this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to broaden their skills, to further develop their international HR management expertise and to be involved at the early stage of an exciting and highly dynamic business that is breaking new boundaries.
- Have full responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources/ people functions, so you are at least expert in 2 of this core areas:
- Best practice HR processes,
- Manage end to end recruiting process incl. employer and employee branding
- Shape and build culture further
- Strong KPI ownership,
- People development
- Comp & Benefits
- Managing and leading an expert HR team
- Consults the managing directors in terms of all human resources aspects; acts as a counterpart for all people-related matters
- Be responsible from a recruitment perspective to build and manage a 200+ team
- Proactively manage the growth and development of the company
- Shape and create the organization and culture
- Managing HR Projects cross-functionally
- Building a strong business relationship with the internal clients
- Actively identifying gaps and proposing and implementing changes necessary to improve processes and reduce risks across the business
- Designing succession plans for key talent and key job positions
- Challenging the organisational structure of their internal clients and proposing changes
- Challenge every HR process and the whole organization
- At least 10+ years proven, commercially-focused generalist HR experience, ideally gained in high-tech/internet companies.
- An open-minded, positive, enthusiastic, inspiring, result-oriented person with the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Experience of managing an expert HR team. Candidates must be allrounders up with both theoretical and practical experience gained in Recruitment, Personal Marketing using New Media, Compensation & Benefits, Organisational as well as Employee development. At least in one of the areas the candidate should have expert-skills and a very deep knowledge.
- Fluency in English in addition to German language abilities is essential.
- A proven track record working within a complex organisation supporting multiple sites and business managers.
- Ideally will have worked for a fast paced, US headquartered company
- A demonstrable and practical understanding of the different approaches required of an HR professional when they’re working as a business partner with a wide variety of professional teams and having to juggle multiple clients and priorities
- A thorough understanding of German employment law
- Creative flair combined with the ability to turn ideas into practical, tangible solutions
- A team player
- Well developed communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong Time Priority Management Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
This is Clark – this is what we love to offer you
- beside the usual startup perks like free drinks, free coffee, flat hierarchies, an experienced management and multicultural environment with international colleagues, we are offering you a lot of space for your work, your ideas and your initiatives
- we subsidize your job ticket and the company pension scheme
- we are offering internal coding courses (so you know what our techies are talking about)
- Want e.g. to move forward to make your Master or MBA, we offer you to support your education while working at Clark
- if you need to work absolutely focused, you use our silent room – no disturbance, no noise
- if you need to relocate, you have our support.
- you need to brush up your German? We are offering beginner and advanced German courses!
- you want to share your knowledge and to inspire? Be a Speaker and create your own Brownbag speech to inspire your colleagues
- and last but not least: Sure, we know how to celebrate success! We offer you quarterly company events, monthly team lunch & breakfast as well as our weekly Friday get together
This sounds like an exciting next step for you? We are more than ready for your application and cannot wait to receive it.