Content Director (m/w)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Passionate about the Internet and the photographic industry, you will be responsible for supporting worldwide content-related activities at fotolia.com.
- To source and acquire content (stock photos, illustrations, videos, and any future products) by fulfilling existing content gap in the organization.
- To strategize and implement Marketing, Branding and Partnership activities within the photography sphere.
- To drive all functions related to contributors’ management.
- To drive all functions within content moderation and content management.
1. Primary Function: Content Sourcing
- Identification of gaps in content across genres, regions, and countries.
- Working alongside the management team, define content strategy for mid- and long-term actions.
- Content sourcing from various online and offline channels, including, but not limited to, agencies and communities.
- Organization of events: workshops, seminars, and physical forums; plus have direct post- event follow-ups.
- Content acquisition.
2. Secondary Function: Contributor Marketing, Branding, and Partnerships
- Build partnerships with related stakeholders in the industry in to facilitate exchange of content submission and brand awareness.
- Newsletters, PR, and all other contributor community communications.
- Production of content for stock photography related tutorials and advertorials.
- Participation in social media channels, forums, communities, and blogs.
- Participation in relevant third-party trade shows and events.
- Organization of brand-promotion related events.
3. Subsequent Function: Contributors Management
- Management of content, communications, and tools under the Photographers’ section on fotolia.com.
- Management of all other offline documents (such as submission guidelines) and collateral.
- Work alongside IT team to deliver efficient and simplified content submission flows, and content and metadata delivery methods.
- Key Accounts Management and development of the key account loyalty program.
- Review of contributors’ commission system.
4. Subsequent Function: Moderation Management, Content Management
- Management of moderation team whom handle day-to-day content moderation.
- Management and maintenance of an effective curation system.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree education or five years experience in photographic community management, and/or photography creative content direction.
- Skilled and creative in both written and verbal communication.
- A good balance of creative and commercial orientation
- Understanding of worldwide photography and footage trends, cultural expressions, and elements.
- Organized, charismatic, and with demonstrable leadership qualities.
- Experience in workshops or events organization.
- Industry knowledge of the stock photography sector preferred.
- Practical knowledge of photography and video, and familiarity with technical terms used in the photographic industry.
- Relationship builder with reasonable commercial sensibility. Comfortable dealing with different global cultures.
- Experience in marketing and branding management.
- Advanced technical proficiency in design applications (such as Adobe Creative Suite).
- Fluency in multiple languages, e.g. --English, German and/or Japanese - would be advantageous.
- Pre-existing global contacts of photographers as an advantage.
- Priority consideration will be given to Japanese-speaking professionals based in Europe.
About the company
Fotolia is a leader in the global stock image market. With a commitment to quality and affordability, Fotolia’s influence has rapidly gone global since the company’s 2004 inception. Fotolia revolutionized the industry by launching the Infinite Collection in 2007 by becoming the first microstock organization to challenge the other major players of the traditional stock photography industry.
Today, Fotolia has over 4 million professionals looking to the site for the latest in high-resolution stock photos, graphics, illustrations and videos. Over 25 million royalty-free images are accessible from $0.75 with an unbeatable commitment to quality and affordability.
Fotolia proudly offers services in 14 languages and is represented in 23 countries and regions worldwide.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's discuss!