Hardware Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
The tl;dr about us
COUP operates a fleet of modern electric scooters in major cities across Europe — Berlin, Paris and Madrid so far — with the goal of making our urban landscape cleaner, quieter and easier to get around. COUP is a corporate venture, so while we maintain the agility of a small company, there's none of the uncertainty of a VC-backed startup. We're laser-focused on making this thing real so we can scale.
How We Work
At COUP we place great importance on the way we communicate with one another and make
decisions. We don't want decisions to be made by whoever is the highest in rank or just the loudest.
Instead, our decisions emerge from intensive discourse that's based on honest, respectful, direct
and factual communication – and trust. This creates a non-intimidating work environment where you can focus on collaborating on the technical challenges at hand instead of being busy with office politics and internal competition.
What we work on
Hardware (HW) is the center and enabler of the customer journey at COUP. Working in the team
means owning the batteries, charging infrastructure, actual mobility device (eScooter) and their
connectivity to the COUP platform. The HW team performs the system engineering and make sure to bring the different HW partners and suppliers together to deliver quality hardware, that our ITengineering, product and operations team can work with.
In your daily work, you will deal with
- Mechanical engineering (Reliability, Design for maintenance, Industrial part development process)
- Electrical engineering (Li-Ion Batteries, Chargers, E-motor and ESCs)
- System engineering (Requirements management, Configuration management, Quality management)
- Project management (On Time, On Spec, On Budget)
- Automotive Electronics development (Processes, PCB design, population, variants handling, CAN networks)
- IoT (Networks, radios , power management, sensor technologies)
- Operations (maintenance guidelines, logistics, spare parts, repair workshop)
Who we are looking for
More than a deep technical knowledge in one field, in the HW team we are looking for adaptability, and width of knowledge, in order to make grasping and understanding of very diverse technological topics very easy. We care even more about the person you are and your personal motivations and goals. We're looking for friendly engineers who want to dive into our platform, ramp up quickly, take ownership, lead suppliers and partners to deliver high-quality hardware systems.
You’ll be part of the growing hardware team and will be the go-to person for topics related to our
hardware devices. You will interact with engineers from backend, mobile (Android & iOS), but also our operations team. Together with them and the product team you’ll help shape requirements, design the next iterations of our hardware – and get them done! Typical tasks are defining requirements for each of our subsystems, interacting with our partners to create coherent roadmap and perform acceptance testing of the deliveries.
Even if ownership is one of the keyword we are looking for, you will not be alone: you will have ondemandsupport from more senior engineers and Bosch colleagues, to guide you and help make the right steps and grow as an engineer and as a person.
- Master’s degree in Electronics or equivalent degree
- 3 year of professional experience with designing electrical and electronical system
- Experience in leading engineering projects
- Knowledge of standard embedded software (agile) and hardware development processes
- Basic knowledge of eScooter technologies
- Experience with connected, GPS-based IoT electronics
Preferred but optional qualifications
- Mechanical engineering experience
- Experience designing electronics IoT from scratch
- Technological vision of how micro-mobility will develop
It’s not just great to see COUPs driving by as you roam the streets of Berlin. On top of working on something that has a real purpose and positive impact on the world around us, there’s also some secular perks if you work at COUP:
- Free rides on our flashy Gogoro scooters so you arrive in style
- Free weekly yoga and crossfit plus subsidized Urban Sports Club membership and a sportlich group of colleagues
- Healthy (okay, and some unhealthy) snacks and drinks available.
- Team events organised by the team (e.g. offsite, winter/summer party, team breakfasts,lunches, drinks, etc.)
- Support for your professional development (conferences, workshops, etc).
- And of course the opportunity to help crack some of the hardest problems in modern urban mobility
We are striving to create a supportive and diverse culture with open communication and an
emphasis on craftsmanship. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to us via email. In a brief cover letter, please provide us with a link to your professional social media profile and/or describe some of your favourite things you built and achieved in the recent