CTO/ IT Architect (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
For our venture capital funded start-up CONJOULE we are looking for a highly committed CTO / IT Architect (m/f) for our rapidly growing team in Berlin.
CONJOULE will build the transactional infrastructure for the future decentralised energy world. It will achieve this by directly connecting people, businesses and assets in a peer-to-peer marketplace, redefining the roles of the market participants and redefining the transactional and trust models within energy. The technology focus is blockchain and its integration into energy products.What is on offer: a demanding role that requires your total commitment to the product and team as we define the route together, a diverse role where you will be sparring with regulators and energy incumbents one day and building a new customer proposition to fundamentally transform energy markets the next – as well as personal recognition and the opportunity to change the energy world. It is a role for entrepreneurial pioneers who are willing to take a risk and join us on this journey.
What the role of CTO/IT Architect involves
The CTO’s role will be to supervise and lead the creation of brand new technology defining how blockchain applies in the energy market.Quality of solution is important, but so is a sense of pragmatism and the fostering of a culture of producing working software quickly. This is in order to get feedback and drive iteration in a rapidly changing product.You will assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through the definition, development and deployment of the company’s technology infrastructure. This requires a broad understanding of a range of technology areas and the ability to identify and work with appropriate technology specialists where detailed understanding is required to develop and maintain a commercially astute technology strategy and roadmap. A pragmatic approach will be critical to ensure success. The CTO is a member of the senior management team and therefore shares responsibility for identifying opportunities, delivering products and services to customers and driving the business forward.
- Being accountable for product delivery by translating product team requirements into deliverables.
- Create detailed infrastructure design based on project requirements
- Operational performance of the technical backbone
- Call-out technical requirements, dependencies, risks and issues
- Recommend the best solution, based on a blend of traditional and blockchain technologies to meet the commercial and technical suitability of the requirements
- Provide a level of governance to ensure that the delivered solutions meet the technical / product design
- Manage relevant stakeholders for integration activities
- Identify potential reuse of components for other initiatives
- Identify technology trends and evolving consumer behaviours that may support or impede the success of the business. Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used appropriately, particularly in the areas of: Software and hardware specification and development, Office networks and computers, Telecommunications, Infrastructure, IT service providers
- Establish a governance process that meets regulatory, partner, consumer and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Direct development and execution of a company-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and systems.
- Direct development and execution of a disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and any other stakeholders.
- Attend and eventually speak at relevant technical conferences world-wide.
What you will bring to the role
- University degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- Architecture and/or IT framework certifications and know-how such as TOGAF, CoBit, ITIL, etc.
- 10 years+ experience of managing technology development
- 3 years+ start-up experience
- Experience leading engineering / IT teams or projects
- Experience with distributed system design
- Preferred but not critical, knowledge in blockchain technology and good understanding of the cryptographic principles
- Preferred but not critical, understanding of blockchain platforms such as Ethereum, HyperLedger, Bitcoin etc.
- Experience in hosting platforms such as Azure, AWS, etc
- Forward looking in new technologies and reuse of components
- External orientation and market awareness, especially for disruptive technology possibilities
- Good understanding of electricity markets and trends is a plus
- Ability to document and present complex designs to all stakeholders and adapt communication style based on the audience
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, self-organising, results orientated
- English fluent, fluent German is a plus
- Flexibility, some travel to Berlin expected.
- An experienced conference speaker on technical topics.