Data Scientist (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are Wimdu, an awesome start-up headquartered in the heart of Berlin! Initially funded with $90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 300,000 properties in over 100 countries, connecting guests and hosts worldwide. We are on track to become Europe’s leading marketplace for private accommodation, offering an authentic travel experience for those looking for a smart alternative to hotels. Wimdu has the vision, the passion and the drive to succeed and we are now looking for motivated people to join our multi-talented, international team to make it happen!
For our Berlin office we are looking for a
Data Scientist (m/f)
Are you passionate and experienced when it comes to evaluating websites? Do you enjoy working in an international environment and want to be involved in worldwide rollouts? Then join our team and become part of our further success.
- Proactively drive and work with operational teams depending on your area of specialization on descriptive, predictive and preventive analysis focusing on topics such as product analysis, business use-cases, marketing intelligence, identifying trends, customer online experience and financial performance
- Create and validate data products using statistical methods and highly scalable algorithms that deliver insight about our customers and which deliver an overall better customer experience.
- Work and assist stakeholders on defining the actionable task which succeeds data-driven insight
- Collaborate with other analysts in defining new data sources or modifying existing ones based on stakeholder requirements
- Work with the data engineering team to implement and/or automate any models and algorithms which add value to the business
- Present work using engaging infographics as part of the analysis conducted
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a track record of delivering results-oriented data products
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Econometrics, Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Operations Research or a similar field
- Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of digital analytics with experience working cross-functionally with marketing, product, operations and/or finance teams.
- An analytical and critical thinking approach to solving problems with a customer-centric and data-driven mind-set
- Very good communication skills with an ability of translating business problems into quantitative terms and presenting results in a very easily understood manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in statistics, data mining and/or machine learning
- Proficiency with R and/or Python
- Very strong SQL skills
- Strong visualization skills with the ability of telling stories with data, ideally using d3.JS or similar is a bonus
- A pragmatic approach to work and a goal-oriented mind-set
If you seek to work within a friendly and supportive environment, with a high performance culture and many learning opportunities, then we are looking for you! Based in Berlin, you will be a part of the Market Research team and your work will directly influence Wimdu´s development and worldwide success.
We offer international start-up-spirit based in the heart of Germany's vibrant capital. Free fruit and beverages, as well as monthly events and a chill-out area complete our offer and will enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
Please forward your application, including CV, cover letter and salary expectations, by using the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o7lT1fw6&s=Gründerszene
We look forward to hearing from you!
Wimdu GmbH | Voltastraße 5 | 13355 Berlin