Director, European Customer Retention (m/f)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Director, European Customer Retention (m/f)
Who are we?
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we are expanding quickly in the European market! Join us at Wayfair where we are a zillions things home, together with our other brands AllModern and Joss&Main.
Our company was founded in 2002. With more than 2000 employees in the US, UK, Germany, Ireland and Australia Wayfair grows at >50% a year and plans to triple its global business over the next 3-5 years. Investments in our international markets are a big part of our global strategy. We are currently targeting over 100% growth rates in Europe.
In this context Wayfair is seeking a Director of Customer Retention to oversee strategy and execution for our customer retention and loyalty marketing programs across our portfolio of brands in Europe —Wayfair and Joss & Main in the UK, Germany, and France. For this leader, the challenge and opportunity is to leverage a substantial existing marketing infrastructure and strategy, tailor the strategy for each market, and oversee execution to increase customer engagement and lifetime value and, ultimately, drive Wayfair to the #1 online home retailer in Europe.
Ideal candidates are experienced retention marketers with a track record of delivering ROI across loyalty and email marketing programs at large scale in major European markets. This role could also be an ideal entry point into eCommerce for a senior strategy consultant with exceptional experience in consumer marketing.
- Drive the overall strategy, execution, performance, and effectiveness of multi-country, large scale customer retentions programs
- Analyze customer behavior data to report on effectiveness of existing initiatives and identify new opportunities
- Drive the development and testing of approaches and learn methodology to deliver personalized marketing campaigns to consumers
- Negotiate deftly with internal and external partners (vendors, engineers, senior management) to deliver on cross-functional projects with tight timelines, tight budgets, and very material impact
- Leverage technology to enhance business goals; identify areas for improvement and drive implementation
- Manage a team of marketing professionals and support the development of talent within the organization
- Work cross functionally with leaders from our Data Science, Engineering, Creative, Customer Acquisition, Merchandising, and Executive teams
Your skills and experience
- Proven track record of operational marketing expertise (including Consumer Internet), or in consulting with exceptional leadership and business experience
- Strong people development and management skills as well as strong cross functional leadership experience
- Proven track record of delivering successful large-scale, multi-country marketing programs with significant ROI
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Strong project management skills
- Thrive in a data-driven business environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Top-tier university qualifications, with MBA preferred
- Fluency in English and German preferred
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.