Director of Analytics (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a Director of Analytics (f/m) to start full-time immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 8,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
You are a forward thinker who can provide the vision and hands-on execution to drive the company to the next level of data-driven insight.
Your work will change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide.
As Director of Analytics you will help us improve data-informed decision making by growing a proactive analytics function as well as building the needed services and capabilities around it.
You will lead and grow a team of analysts and data scientists mostly working embedded in the different cross-functional teams providing insight for the Finance, Marketing, Product and Didactics departments.
In addition, you will work closely with Senior Management to guide our business strategy.
You will also collaborate extensively with Data Engineering to innovate and deliver on services, tools and infrastructure to augment our capabilities.
In your role, you will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- lead (as well as grow and hire) a team of analysts to help manage day-to-day marketing, product and business operations and provide ad-hoc services
- proactively develop, refine, own and manage KPIs
- build an independent Analytics function to create and develop forward thinking models and ask the right questions to generate insights also contrary to functional beliefs
- collaborate closely with Data Engineering to innovate and deliver on solution and tools
- further build company-wide analytics standards and best practices
- provide group trainings as well as individual coachings to raise analytics capabilities throughout the company
- improve and grow the analytics function as an internal service for Finance, Marketing, Product, Didactics and other stakeholders
- 7+ years experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence or similar in B2C and online business environment
- experience in building and leading an analytics team and function in a fast-paced environment including data scientists
- advanced degree (M.sc +) in a quantitative field (math, statistics, computer science, economics, electrical and communication engineers etc.)
- deep operational experience working with product managers, marketing managers and engineering teams
- passionate about building an independent analytics function
- experience defining and tracking business, product and marketing KPIs
- experience with traditional market and business analysis practices
- hands-on experience with standard tools (R, SQL, Excel, etc.)
- knowledge of contemporary analytics tools and technologies for consumer-facing software industries
- experience in creating and maintaining dynamic models
- good understanding of business finance (accounting and financial controlling)
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent quantitative and problem solving skills
- strong communication skills at a senior management level
- strong intellectual independence with a capability to question strongly held beliefs
- PLUS: experience with subscription models
- PLUS: experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift
- PLUS: technical background, experience in application development
- You will change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Access to one of the most interesting (big!) datasets in the industry
- A great product and highly motivated team that wants to push boundaries
- Potential within a fast growing team with long-term prospects
- a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- a vibrant international team from over 25 different nationalities
- excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- great company benefits (High-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks, Hackathons etc.)