Junior Linux System Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for Embedded Linux Gurus and Penguin herders!
If Penguins are your favourite animal, U-Boot makes you think of more than just a submarine and you are bewildered when someone mentions eating Raspberry pi(e), then we have the thing just right for you.
We are looking for an embedded Linux solutions junior intern, who cross-compiles as a hobby, bitbakes a package for breakfast and could also change our minds about how we do our OS.
What should you bring to the table?
You know your Linux, and you have fun building stuff at the intersection of hardware and software in an embedded context, several of these should apply so that you’ll feel up for it:
- You compiled a Linux kernel or kernel modules
- When somebody asks you for your favorite linux distro, he’s in for a speech
- You were fighting against and with package managers
- You understand the “sudo make me a sandwich” joke
- Broke your boot and then looked into how it works or should work
- You “kinda looked a bit into yocto”
- You automate boring tasks with a quick script
- You could be quoted: “Interesting, my toaster has an ssh port open”
- You are a responsible and independent worker who loves deep tech. A tinkerer, a maker, a geek by heart that can balance productivity and quality.
Finally, it would be good to have experience with: running/flashing Linux on ARM Boards like Raspberry PI or Beaglebone Black, cross-compiling (best with build systems like Yocto), flashing and handling disk images, and a general understanding of the physical/electrical world and the protocols.
Your day at EcoG would include
- Solving complex embedded challenges and optimising the performance of our EV chargers
- Having fun working in growing startup and building the base for the revolution in EV charging
- Learning and playing with new tech you always wanted to look into
- Real impact! Your task, your decisions, your hands on it. “I made this” satisfaction daily
What we offer you
- Shape crucial top-edge technology in the emerging global electromobility disruption
- You are part of building the base of our EV charging stack, which is a real industrial device with a real application, so it is not a gadget
- You practice and learn mad Linux skills from two very experienced Linux Jedis Ex-Siemens Mindsphere/IoT Lead Architect being your technology a sparring partner
- Meaningful job: EcoG is helping to save our environment by making EV charging a business
- Become part of an outstanding, early-stage Techstars '17 graduate startup
- A ton of fun working with an experienced founder team & international team of students from all over the world
- Office in the heart of Munich
Who are we?
EcoG’s mission is to shape the future of electric charging by turning the hassle of charging into an embedded experience of daily life. EcoG provides the IoT Operating System for chargers and common IoT protocols on the charger in the field. With our open Application Programmable Interface (API) architecture, we change the business model of EV charging by bringing the app economy onto charging infrastructure and make developing a service as easy as developing an app. Our technology can be used by charging industry for remote device management, by charger operators to increase their services utilisation and offer rewards for usage, or by fleet operators to manage a charging dispatch. We are an international startup operating in Munich (Germany) and Detroit (US) backed by TechStars and next47.
#yocto, #embedded #systems #linux #gnu #fun #hardware #startup #geek #dev