Editorial Director (m/f)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Hem is currently looking for an Editorial Director (m/f) based in Berlin.
The editorial director will shape Hem’s messaging by writing effective copy to engage our existing customers as well as activate new brand enthusiasts. Your remit starts with writing compelling weekly stories about our products, designers and factories. You will also work with marketing to ensure that our key messages are reflected in all digital and offline marketing campaigns. Finally, you will be responsible for making sure that all on-site product descriptions are relevant and accurate. Occasional projects that include your input (such as seasonal gift guides or marketing collaborations) will get your creative juices flowing.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Hem brand essence
- Work closely with the Hem Design team to write and edit concise, compelling, and grammatically correct content for marketing purposes including print ads, banner ads, website, blog posts and email campaigns
- Provide input to weekly email campaign story calendar and execute its implementation to agreed deadlines.
- Develop Product Messaging that differentiates Hem’s designs in the market
- Write clear, concise and accurate product copy that not only reflects a strong awareness of what the customer needs to know, but demonstrates good brand and design industry knowledge while maintaining the Hem tone
- Contribute to Hem’s content strategy by supervising syndicated content
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, showing initiative, suggesting ideas to continuously improve quality and ways to increase efficiencies within the team and department
- Manage a team of translators
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent written English
- 3 -5 years of editorial/writing experience in the design industry
- French and German language a plus
- Time management skills
Hem is building a new global home for design. We create original, timeless furniture and interior accessories together with the most exciting and talented designers of today. Hem means Home. And home is where the heart is. Our heart is truly global, with teams working from Berlin, Helsinki, New York, Pune, Stockholm, Warsaw and Toronto. Hem imagines a near future where a majority of home furnishings are purchased online. We plan to lead that evolution.
Although we’re spread over three continents and six countries, we’re still a small team at Hem and every day varies, which makes this job amazing! We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about design, with lots of energy, exciting ideas and initiatives.
You need to: Be extremely well organized, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and humor. Enjoy the freedom and responsibility that come with working at a fast-moving startup.
Does this description fit your profile? Are you interested in the job? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application by clicking the apply-button on our career site:
and notice that we only accept applications coming through our career site.
Please also visit our new homepage http://hem.com/en-gb to get an impression of the new Hem collection.