UX and Fronend Developer (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Founded in June 2018, EDU is a brand of Digital Education Holdings Ltd. (DEH), a private institution for higher education with a vision to increase the quality and accessibility of education.
In a world where technology is re-shaping the way we study and live, we want to harness technology as a tool to support continuous lifelong learning. Our aim at EDU is to make high quality education accessible to anyone in the world who is passionate about studying.
We are a dedicated team of founders, thinkers, makers and doers with a broad background in Medicine, Education and Technology. Although EDU is a young company, our team has proven track record of successfully building higher education online learning programmes for renowned global companies and organisations under the Candena brand as well designing medical programme, formerly under European Medical College (EuMeC).
EDU Medical is the first digital College of Medicine in Europe! Our students are taught using new didactic methodologies that are evidence-based as well as synchronous learning in small groups with the personalised support from medical expert tutors and mentors to drive success. This is supported by latest digital learning technologies.
The first eight weeks at the start of every term, our students can study from any location across the globe! Within 10 weeks of starting their studies, students start their clinical rotation.
We partner with best-in-class teaching hospitals where our students undergo practical training during clinical rotations. By bringing clinical rotation closer to theory course coupled with implementing new didactic methodologies we believe, creates well-rounded physicians with in- depth patient care experience.
To ramp-up our growth, we are looking for an experienced UX and Frontend Developer.
As a UX and Frontend Developer, you will be a key team member in bringing our company and brand to the public and ultimately supporting with growth of our brands. You will be responsible for the visual designing and developing all company websites. Your objective is to raise user satisfaction, decrease user churn, and ensure student acquisition goals are reached which includes increasing newsletter sign-ups, improving sales conversions, or identifying and removing pain points.
What you will do
The ideal candidate will have prior experience and a proven track record in creating UX strategies and implementation as well as creating websites:
- 2+ years´ experience as a front-end developer
- 2+ years´ experience as a UI/UX designer
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages and CSS pre-processor tools
- Expert knowdledge of HTML5 and its best practices
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes
- A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users showcased in the form of blog posts, articles, screencasts, etc.
- Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing intefration
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simutaneously
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Openess to feedback and ability to take direction
- A high degree of initiative and sense of responsibility
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences
- Continually improve and optimize user experience for sites and content
- Collaborate in concept development and design ideation cross-functionally to help define a creative strategy
- Bachelor´s degree or equivalent experience in web desing
- Proficient in Photoshop and other graphics tools (Illustrator, Image Ready, etc.)
- Deep understanding of HTML, CSS, JQuery
What we offer
- An innovative business model and the opportunity to join a passionate team that is re-defining the Education ecosystem
- A team from over 20+ nationalities
- The opportunity to develop your career and learn by doing
- A very energetic work environment
- Work and live in Europe´s most creative city
- and many more!
We are looking forward to receiving your application
To harness the power of innovation, EDU invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. EDU is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities.