General Manager (m/f/d)
- Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
General Manager Germany
Felyx is a green and electric share-scooter platform with a proven concept in The Netherlands, looking for futher roll-out in the rest of Europe. Backed by felyx HQ in Amsterdam, the Managing Director Germany will have full responsibility in building and leading the German market of felyx. This role could be a great next step for a strategist or consultant who us hungry for a entrepreneurial next challenge.
As urbanization is rising and the air quality is deteriorating, we feel the need to make our cities greener and healthier by offering a sustainable mobility solution. Besides, we offer a new and fun way around town! At felyx, everybody within their own expertise is contributing to a cleaner city by making this swift door-to-door transportation the new status quo. We are working together as an ambitious team of entrepreneurs, operators, marketers and engineers, and looking to grow as we scale the business throughout Europe.
Currently, felyx has 40 full-time employees (HQ) and more than one hundred employees working for felyx in the operational field. Our aim is to grow big and change your view on inner city last mile mobility forever. Therefore, we work together with stakeholders like public transport operators, governments and public companies all over the world to become visible part of the daily city live in more than 20 cities in the coming months.
If you’ve spent time walking, cycling or driving through any major city in the world you might have noticed that congestion and pollution is a growing problem for most of these cities. In fact most of the major cities are facing an epidemic of congestion and pollution caused by rapid urbanization.
Since the initial launch of private ride-hailing services, the transportation ecosystem in Germany experienced a significant change. With more and more citizens changing there car for a more flexible way of transportation we’re at the starting point of something big. Together with the local municipality felyx offers a valuable last-mile alternative to the current transportation options that are congesting and polluting the inner city of Brussels and will grow towards the operator that changes the way we will see transportation.
We’re looking for a Managing Director Germany with a passion for innovation and a great understanding of the changing micro mobility landscape. You will be responsible for the overall market performance and growth by managing P&L and building the local team. The Managing director will hire approximately hire around 12+ FTE headcount roles and will manage more than 100 FTE within external parties. Those parties will support felyx in the local market with Customer Service, Operations and Maintenance Support.
The role of Managing Director Germany provides a great opportunity to be an entrepreneur without all the problems of starting from scratch.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in leading a team of local professionals, ideally in a startup or similar requirement
- Experience in management consulting or strategy consulting is a plus
- B.A/B.S or MBA in relevant fields preferred.
- An understanding of tech marketplaces (real-time) with a focus on supply and demand
- Great communicator with the ability to build and motivate teams, work together with divers groups across countries and a good understanding of external stakeholder management
- Fluent in English & German
- Self-motivated and the ability to learn new skills that enable you to grow quick
- Strong organizational skills
- A data-driven nature and ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution