Head of Accounting (m/f) - Germany
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
You want to be part of the core management team in one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech startup with access to all company assets, investor relations and solid funding?
You are motivated to source, building and managing scalable financial processes in a multi-country lending business?You are passionate, entrepreneurial and hard working?
Then you should join Finiata - a fast growing, well funded Berlin based SME lending company. Finiata was founded 2 years ago by a team around Sebastian Diemer (founded / sold kreditech for EUR 300mn) with the mission to provide working capital to small businesses and freelancers that are not served by banks or financial institutions. We are empowering entrepreneurship and small businesses by providing short, easy financing to (pretty much) everybody. A fully automated lending engine and innovative data sources allow us to build a proprietary scoring engine for a completely unserved segment of 70 million customers in Europe.
We have served over 16.000 users in Poland and Germany, are growing 20% per month and have secured over EUR 20mn in equity and debt refinancing. A team of 55+ professionals (well, professional most of the time) is working hard to diversify into more products and countries to build the biggest data driven lending company worldwide.
- You oversee the accounting function and external providers including cash management, reconciliation, financial, regulatory & tax reporting, balance sheet management and entity and consolidated level
- You maintain the Accounting Policy for the Group and entities
- You ensure that Group and entity financial records are maintained in compliance with Group policies, IFRS, German GAAP (HGB), Polish GAAP, and tax regulation
- You are responsible for tax compliance including transfer pricing in compliance with local tax regulation
- You coordinate a multi-country monthly payroll in compliance with policies and local tax regulation by working closely with the human resources department
- You manage the annual audit process
- You take a leading role in bringing operational excellence into the company by installing just the right amount of process, reporting and structure
- You select tools, build processes, and establish procedures to supply senior management with all relevant financial information
- You report to the C - Level and are part of the Group Finance & Audit committee
What We Require
- You have 3+ years of experience in a financial position in a bank, audit or tax advisory firm with exposure to the financial services industry; ideally in consumer or business lending
- You are well familiar with HGB and IFRS accounting standards as well as external- and internal reporting procedures; Polish GAAP experience would be an added advantage
- You have a degree in finance, BA, MBA or a related field
- You have gained experience / exposure by founding / scaling an accounting function
- You are fluent in business English and German and possess great verbal and especially written communication skills
- You have a demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- You have excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
What You Get
- A unique fintech startup that just got a significant funding by top VC firms
- A dynamic team that you’ll have fun with
- An outrageous office in the vibrant capital of Germany
- Employee benefits (German Classes, Fresh Fruit, Team Building, Events, Yoga, and many more)
Are you our new Head of Accounting?
Then apply here!