Director Events (m/f/d)
Who we are
Dream it, own it, grow it. We live and breathe these core values in everything we do here at GEDANKENtanken. Committed to further revolutionizing the world of personal and professional development, we offer unique, high-quality, online and offline platforms with training, support and events for everyone who wants to take themselves to the next level. GEDANKENtankler are a unique group of professionals, digital natives and passionates that love to learn and are hungry to grow. We’re driven by one bold purpose: self-fulfillment. Our culture rocks too: We’re Germany’s Number 1 Best Employer in 2019 - as recognised by Great Place to Work. As our core values show, we take our company culture seriously. We live these values in everything we do and we’re driven by one positive and powerful mission: to accompany people in their daily lives on the subject of personal growth. Which is why we won’t rest until ours is the go-to personal and professional growth app on the start screen of every single smartphone.
Who you are
First and foremost, you’re like us: a positive monster. We’re not just giving you a job, we’re inviting you into our community. That's why it's important for you to fit into our team. We already assume you’re a qualified professional and you’re passionate about what you do. You love taking responsibility and are good at balancing priorities. You’re happy to go on a journey that takes you out of your comfort zone. You love to challenge the status quo and are constantly coming up with big ideas. You will sometimes need to find quick solutions. And most importantly, you’re an inspiring human being who likes to be surrounded by them.
Ask yourself honestly: does this sound like you? If so, read on.
What you´ll do
- Create really big events - We think big. Very big. Having already filled Lanxess Arena, you are responsible to manage the next step in size and volume. And that’s just the start.
- Transform the status quo – You have new creative ideas to improve our events and you are also capable to bring those ideas to a fair plan. To bring those idea to life you understand visitor flow and safety rules.
- Organise partners and providers – Identify and coordinate external service providers – Experienced in the field, you understand the importance of choosing the right partners to create successful events. You might even bring a trusted network with you. You’ll be in charge of managing them and need to ensure they’re the right choice.
- Invest in sustainable relationships – As a result of your previous career you know the right people to scale our events. Due to your network in the sector you have trusted sponsoring partners and know how to build new relationships.
- Negotiate contracts - You are the go-to-person if it comes to negotiations with external partners, locations, convention centers and fairs.
- Lead the team – Manage a team of enthusiastic Seniors and support their ongoing success story.
- Personal and professional development – You’re passionate about personal and professional development. Not only do you want to help customers take their lives to the next level, you also want the same for yourself. You never want to stop learning.
If you’re a positive monster who’s hungry to drive personal and professional growth, get in touch now. It could be the best thing that happened to both of us.