Head of Accounting (m/f/d)
Who we are
Dream it, own it, grow it. We live and breathe these core values in everything we do here at GEDANKENtanken. Committed to further revolutionizing the world of personal and professional development, we offer unique, high-quality, online and offline platforms with training, support and events for everyone who wants to take themselves to the next level. GEDANKENtankler are a unique group of professionals, digital natives and passionates that love to learn and are hungry to grow. We’re driven by one bold purpose: self-fulfillment. Our culture rocks too: We’re Germany’s Number 1 Best Employer in 2019 - as recognised by Great Place to Work. As our core values show, we take our company culture seriously. We live these values in everything we do and we’re driven by one positive and powerful mission: to accompany people in their daily lives on the subject of personal growth. Which is why we won’t rest until ours is the go-to personal and professional growth app on the start screen of every single smartphone.
Who you are
First and foremost, you’re like us: a positive monster. We’re not just giving you a job, we’re inviting you into our community. That's why it's important for you to fit into our team. We already assume you’re a qualified professional and you’re passionate about what you do. You love taking responsibility and are good at balancing priorities. You’re happy to go on a journey that takes you out of your comfort zone. You love to challenge the status quo and are constantly coming up with big ideas. You will sometimes need to find quick solutions. And most importantly, you’re an inspiring human being who likes to be surrounded by them.
Ask yourself honestly: does this sound like you? If so, read on.
What you'll do
- Lead from experience – You have a proven history of leading diverse teams. For you, one size doesn’t fit all and you respect and foster the individuality of each team member. Your colleagues will see you as both a professional leader and respected sparring partner. You’ll apply your experience in overseeing the expansion of the financial division as part of our further international expansion too.
- Share international bookkeeping experience – From accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger through to annual financial statements and cooperation with tax consultants: you’ve already successfully lead an organization – from an accounting perspective – through a process of internationalisation.
- Digitalise and automate processes and structures – Responsible for optimizing accounting processes (national and international), you love to improve structures in the areas of controlling, finance and accounting. You believe in promoting efficiency goals, identifying cost-saving potentials and managing improvement projects as well as developing and integrating cross-sectional competencies such as IT and cost engineering.
- Identify and coordinate external service providers – Experienced in the field, you understand the importance of choosing the right finance-focussed tools and service providers to make life easier and to save money. You might even bring a trusted network with you. You’ll be in charge of managing them and need to ensure they’re the right choice for the job at hand.
- Deliver reliable financial reporting – Accuracy is your middle name. You’ll ensure all our financial reporting is resilient, robust and complete. You’ll prepare it for all stakeholders, including management, shareholders, the tax office and investors, and will communicate with relevant tax authorities and tax advisors on a monthly and annual basis. You’ll also oversee the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, including the monitoring of the annual audit in close coordination with balance sheet accounting.
- Report thoroughly on figures – Your accounting will be 100% complete and accurate – but your responsibility doesn’t stop there. As well as preparing the financials, we will require you to analyse them too, providing qualified reports, evaluations and valuations and a status report so we understand exactly where we stand.
If you’re a positive monster who’s hungry to drive personal and professional growth, get in touch now. It could be the best thing that happened to both of us.