Senior Game Balancer (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
As a Senior Game Balancer (all genders), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our big legacy games Goodgame Empire, Empire: Four Kingdoms, and Big Farm. High targets motivate you and help you develop innovative ideas for new and old features, always striving to bring our players the best gaming experience while balancing business needs. You will work together with our development team to find smart solutions to integrate your ideas into our games. You will have the technical leadership of the team and we plan to develop this role to a disciplinary leadership position.
- Design and maintain innovative and compelling features and gameplay systems that maximize engagement while ensuring monetization and retention
- Technical leadership of the team
- Analyze the game economy and develop solutions to ensure we hit our target KPIs
- Optimize game features and events based on data and user feedback
- Transfer successful game mechanics from seemingly different game genres
- Remain updated on current trends and game design strategies
- Experience in the design of MMO free-to-play games, with a focus on game balancing
- University degree in a relevant field (game design, math, psychology) is a plus
- Very good knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets or similar
- High ability to understand player’s motivations and merge them with business needs to design powerful MMO features
- A love and passion for a wide variety of game genres
- Very good written and spoken English
- A professional team of experts that has fun at work
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
Your contact person for this job offer is Frederike Schirmer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.