Head of Product (m/f)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
This is a unique opportunity to take on a pivotal leadership role within our company. We’re looking for a passionate Head of Product to own and shape our product — from enhancing our existing platform and accelerating app innovation, to creating new product offerings that significantly enhance our members’ experience and expand our business.
About the Role
As the Head of Product, you will work in tandem with the company founders and CTO to shape the product vision, and take ideas from concept to realization. You can expect an exciting, highly cross-functional role with responsibilities spanning the full breadth of design and product management (UX design, functional specifications, business modeling, guiding A/B experimentation, KPI definition, etc.). Leading an international team of product managers and designers, you will shape the design, create the UX, and define the functionalities for a coherent multi-platform product which will grow our user base and maximize engagement.
We believe great team leaders share common characteristics, and we look for these traits above all else:
- Natural collaborator: you are always seeking to build bridges and find win-win scenarios. You earn the trust of others by having a collaborative mindset and great communication skills. You have a natural ability to inspire people and bring them together.
- Team mindset: you have a strong appreciation for and understanding of the role that team culture plays in the delivery of great results. You have a passion for building motivated, high-performing teams.
- Data driven: you believe the path to the best solution begins by asking “why?”. You can quickly assess the data at hand, ascertaining what information you do and don’t need. You then use it to inform your planning and decisions.
- Drive for results: you should relish challenges, and have a strong natural instinct to drive things to completion.
- Growth mindset: you’re passionate about being part of a fast-growing start-up and “making it happen”.
As the Head of Product, your responsibilities will include:
- defining the long-term strategy and executing the product roadmap
- leading your team through all phases of the product lifecycle
- acting as a product evangelist to internal company stakeholders and business partners
- mentoring and coaching individual team members to develop their skills and personal careers
- strengthening a supportive and engaging team culture
- hiring outstanding people
Currently you lead a team of product managers, or you are a senior product manager who wants to take the next step and grow into a leadership role. Your background is that of a skilled, passionate product manager who wants to stay hands-on, but primarily focus on leadership and management. In your recent past, you have demonstrated success leading multiple web or mobile projects from concept to release.
You most likely bring these additional experiences with you
- a minimum of 5 years in product management focused roles
- experience building and executing long-term product strategy and roadmaps
- extensive knowledge of multi-platform user experience practices, challenges, and solutions
- fluent understanding of usability and user-centric design practices with high attention to detail
- experience with agile product development methodologies
- excellent project management capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills
- very good business acumen paired with strong analytical skills
- proven experience in building and growing high-performing teams
- a fast-growing, dynamic company with international scope
- a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
- a diversified job profile with a high degree of responsibility and independence
- regular workshops and lectures about work-related topics and soft skills
- a "cosmopolitan city with a heart" and the nicest beer gardens in Germany
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application today (CV, cover letter, start date, salary expectation) c/o Christa Fellner to firstname.lastname@example.org.