Team Lead Accounting (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are Homelike, a young and dynamic proptech start-up and the leading marketplace for long-term business apartments. Homelike provides a best-in-class booking experience for business travellers seeking high-quality long-term apartments from professional suppliers looking to rent units for 30 nights or more. With over 45,000 high-quality apartments in 100 cities, Homelike offers one of the largest portfolios of furnished apartments for business travellers in Europe and we are expanding continuously into new countries. We have offices in Barcelona, London and Cologne and were recently voted by Tech5 as one of the “hottest start-ups” in Germany!
As Team Lead Accounting (m/f/d) you will be responsible for the optimization of structures and processes in the area of accounting and controlling as well as for the continuous professional development of the accounting team. You are the contact person (m/f/d) for questions in all areas of financial accounting and manage the coordination with external tax firms.
Your area of responsibility
- You are responsible for the Accounting department in all countries in which the company operates
- Quality management and optimization of accounting processes and structures
- Further development of accounting as a central source of information for our cost management
- Responsibility for sales tax returns und financial statements in Germany/abroad and for the consolidated annual financial statements
- You continuously control and improve the financial management, especially in connection with payment processing, commission income, debtor management etc.
- Support and improvement of the monthly reporting process and improvement of the internal controlling structures
- Improvement of finance-related operations, e.g. development of interfaces to customer service for topics such as “billing”, invoice corrections, cancellations etc.
- Management of the finance/accounting team and coordination with external tax firms
The ideal candidate should bring
- Strong leader and communicator with proven experience of managing smaller and mid-sized teams
- Analytical with a structured problem-solving approach – metrics-driven, and able to embed a culture of data- and fact-based decision-making
- Min. 5 years professional experience in an accounting department with international operations
- Strong Experience in Accounting Standards compliant to HGB and ideally also IFRS
- Sound understanding of IT systems and business processes
- Hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work successful in dynamic structures and fast-paced environments
- Fluent German and English
What we offer
- Be part of the Executive Team of a VC-funded hypergrowth travel company
- An innovative product in a high growth market, with potential to disrupt the status quo
- A highly motivated, international team that we strengthen through various events and benefits
- A flat business hierarchy and becoming part of the big picture
- Opportunities to travel and represent Homelike to major accounts, large events and conventions
- Strive for the great success with us and experience the passion of a successful startup