Country Manager (m/f) - CEE & Nordics
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book on your mobile device. As a senior member of the Supply Team, you'll get the business of a region in EMEA, that includes Central, Eastern Europe and the Nordics.
As a Country Manager, you want to represent HotelTonight in the markets that you oversee. You want to manage a team of Market Managers with clear and quantifiable objectives. You want to set the strategy for your region, define the tactics to reach your objectives and guide your team to their revenue goals. You want to serve as a leader and advocate on your behalf within HotelTonight.
You should be an effective collaborator, as you will frequently engage with Global Supply Leadership and other departments within HotelTonight. At the same time, you should be looking for an independent and efficient operator.
This is a great opportunity for a leader who is passionate about driving revenue and metrics-based performance, maximizing hotel partner success, and developing a high-impact team of market managers!
Within one month you will
- Oversee a team of market managers who are responsible for identifying and managing hotels in Central, Eastern Europe and the Nordics
- Monitor daily operations search as meeting or exceeding revenue goals, bringing on new quality partners, along with measuring partners engagement and performance
- Interact with your Global Supply counterparts in our offices around the world (London, Paris, SF, NYC, Mexico City)
- Become accountable for the performance of a listing of Markets in Central, Eastern Europe and the Nordics against our target KPIs
Within three months you will
- Complete quarterly forecasting, planning and reporting sessions in order to define and execute your regional strategy
- Optimize the performance of your portfolio and team members' markets
- Complete multiple market visits to your region to support your team
- Lead the office, and ensure a great culture among the Berlin team members
Within twelve months you will
- Through training, goal setting and feedback, working with your team of market executives to achieve their long-term professional development and career growth
- Collaborate with other Global Supply Leads and cross-functional partners (Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Business Intelligence, Strategic Partnerships) to implement innovative ideas in the travel space
- Execute local marketing and PR initiatives
- Become the face of HotelTonight in the markets you are overseeing by speaking in conferences and events
What we are looking for in you
- You have 4+ years of professional experience, with a focus on owning client relationships and business strategy. Startup experience is preferred but not required
- Full business proficiency in German and English.
- You have at least one year of direct management experience
- Regional knowledge about Central, Eastern Europe and the Nordics is a plus!
- Success in effective coaching, mentoring and guiding junior team members
- Familiarity with leading complex and / or cross-functional projects from concept to inception
- Capacity to balance day-to-day responsibilities with longer term strategic execution
- Ability to think analytically and make data driven decisions
- You are fast-acting (focused on results over process) and forward-looking
- You are ready to operate as a "player / coach"
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, so you can prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight
- You are productive and manage your time effectively
- Flexibility to travel
- You must be a EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating your right to live and work in Germany
Why this role is cool
- Own and drive the success of a fast growing region in EMEA (and the largest one!)
- Work on a collaborative team that knows the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication
- Annual visits to at least one of our North American offices in NYC, San Francisco or Mexico City
- Travel 20% of the time
- Be part of a company that is revolutionizing hospitality and travel spontaneously!
- You’ll be the cornerstone of the Berlin office culture and atmosphere!
What you'll get from us
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel at a thriving global business headquartered in San Francisco and funded by top investors
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Great office location in Berlin Mitte, and office space that is brand new!
- Excellent health insurance and stock options too
- Fun stuff - the fastest way to get away from it all, the cell phone plans and gym memberships, the office exchange program in our offices in London, Paris and the US, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway !