Intern (m/f) - Venture Capital
- Mit Berufserfahrung
CommerzVentures operates as the corporate venture capital fund of Commerzbank Group. We back early- and growth-stage companies in the broader financial services & technology industry. CommerzVentures’ portfolio companies have scalable and attractive business models, which already have shown to be marketable and need investments to support further growth. Our regional investment focus is on Europe, Israel and USA, whereby trends on the global level are considered. The fund, which is domiciled in Frankfurt/Main, commenced its business operations on 1st October 2014 and has invested in 10 companies to date.
For further developing of our successful venture capital activities we are looking for an outstanding intern to join our team in August 2018 (or later). From day one, we can offer you a high and direct exposure to the attractive and challenging tasks of venture capital. You will be involved in all aspects of investment management work. Furthermore, working for CommerzVentures will provide you with the unique opportunity to gain in-depth insight into innovative, young and successful companies.
Your primary job will comprise the following:
- General venture capital and FinTech/financial services market screening
- Prepare company and industry research
- Providing support to the team in its due diligence and business evaluation activities
- Analyzing current trends and suggesting new invitations for proposals
- Preparation of and participation in selected business meetings with start-up companies
- You graduated your Bachelor’s program with first-class honors and are either in your gap year before or enrolled in a Master program in business administration, economics, IT (or a closely related study) with outstanding academic results
- First practical experience in the area of banking, start-ups, consulting or entrepreneurship
- Solid understanding of and a passion for FinTech/Financial Services
- Distinctive and proven analytical abilities and stamina
- Capability to work self dependently and proactively
- Excellent social skills combined with a desire to work with start-up and growth companies in our target sectors
- Language requirements: Fluent in English, at least basic skills in German
- Knowledge in using Mac / iOS
- You are available for at least 12 weeks from August 2018 (or later)
What we offer
- You can look forward to working with a highly innovative team with flat hierarchies, where you have the opportunity to grow in your technical development.
- Attractive remuneration
- Team events
- Free coffee, soft drinks, fruits and sweets
Interested? We look forward to receiving your CV and a cover letter via e-mail.