Internal IT Support Administrator (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for an Internal IT Support Administrator (f/m, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
As one of the fatest growing startups in Berlin, Babbel faces challenges not only while scaling its infrastructure to meet customer demand but also satisfying the growing need for structured IT management and support.
As an Internal IT Support Administrator you will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the hardware and software that drives our daily business and helps all of our employees to develop the best possible product for our customers around the world.
- Network and system administration for all on-site related IT hardware and equipment
- Support our internal IT engineers in implementing hardware and software strategies
- Driving infrastructure decisions by providing insight and expertise to the process
- Installing, maintaining and keeping track of all IT related inventory
- You're an expert when it comes to networking and system administration: Babbel has a lot of different systems working together to provide the best possible experience for our employees. You need to be very experienced in installing, maintaining and designing these types of systems with minimal impact on day to day operations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT services and administration: We are running a complicated setup of interconnected tools, equipment and dedicated machines serving our employees on a 24/7 basis. Without them we are not able to bring our product to our customers.
- You're an Apple/OSX fanatic: We are a Mac driven company. Nearly any and all of our employees are sporting Apple equipment, with a few Windows/Linux users sprinkled about. You should be intrinsically familiar with what makes OSX tick and what running large scale OSX deployments require in terms of management, investment and oversight.
- A plus: A strong knowledge toward and familiarity with Linux/FreeBSD/pfSense and Ubiquiti products as well as the OSI layer model, fibre-optic connections and the challenges regarding cascaded routing and (IPSec/OpenVPN) VPN.
- Attention to detail and an analytical working style: You’re not satisfied when something just doesn’t work. You want to get to the bottom of it. Period.
- English is a must: You’ll be working with people from all around the world. Interacting with and understanding each other is paramount.
- Open-minded, easy-going and respectful attitude towards all kinds of (unusual) requests: You are part of a broader team, with people coming from different countries, backgrounds, experience levels and preferences. We demand a high level of professionalism and focus while not neglecting and appreciating a culture of tolerance and understanding.
- You love open source as much as we do: Our company is built on it, we really enjoy working with it and so should you!
- Tackle high impact problems with a dedicated team using the latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility and decisions from day one
- Professional and personal growth within a fast growing team with a variety of long-term prospects
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours and vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bikes, public transport passes, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
Please apply via: https://babbel.workable.com/j/8DC5CE5092