Junior Linux Server Administrator (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Visual Meta GmbH is an innovative e-commerce company based in the heart of Berlin, which has grown rapidly since being founded in 2009. In 2011 our company was acquired by the Axel Springer Group, Germany’s leading publishing house.
We run shopping platforms named LadenZeile and ShopAlike worldwide, offering fashion, furniture and a variety of other products to our users. Our service is used by thousands of daily visitors and an ever-increasing number of partner shops.
As a “Junior Linux Server Administrator (m/f)” you will be working in a team ensuring that our infrastructure and systems are working efficiently. Your main responsibility will be configuring and monitoring our servers using Puppet and Icinga, resolving problems if they occur, and performing day-to-day system administration tasks. You’ll need to be an autonomous, accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented person, since you’ll be the first point of contact for our employees.
- Proficient with the GNU/Linux operating system and command line
- Good bash scripting skills (e.g. I/O redirection, command substitution, positional parameters)
- Preferably some experience/knowledge with Docker, monitoring services (Icinga) and configuration management systems (Puppet)
- Highly motivated and passionate about helping people and running systems
- A “getting things done” mentality and a team player
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Monitoring our servers to ensure the availability and performance of our services
- Writing plugins for our monitoring software
- Configuring our servers and services using our configuration management system
- Provisioning our servers
What we offer
- A committed, successful and international engineering team in one of the best tech companies in Berlin
- Opportunity to work independently and gain lots of insight into the field of e-commerce
- Cutting-edge technology to solve challenging problems and to build great software
- Continuous training possibilities and room for further personal development
- Flexible working hours and a great office in the heart of Berlin
- Encouraging working environment with inspiring team events and healthy snacks
If you are interested in an exciting position within a friendly team, please submit your application in English to the attention of Alexander Schultheiß including cover letter, CV, your earliest starting date, salary expectations as well as relevant references, by using the following link: Click here to apply
We are looking forward to receiving your application!