Junior Product Specialist (m/w) - Payment Operations
We are looking for a junior product specialist to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. Our customer base is broad, diverse and passionate about language learning.
We’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages !
In your role as a product specialist , you will analyze and support our payment operations and collaborate with several different departments to improve our billing processes, comply to legal and finance requirements and reduce fraud rates.
Your responsibilities will include
- Risk index management
- Analyze payment transactions to identify and analyze suspicious fraud cases and determine strategies to prevent them.
- Monitor and further development of fraud prevention processes
- Support solution of fraud cases
- Manage disputes
- Monitor billing operations and KPIs
- Analyze and define strategies to improve our daily billing operations
- Daily monitoring and processing of incoming and outgoing payments via different payment solutions (online payment systems, credit cards, SEPA)
- Run daily SQL queries on the database to figure out (failure) patterns of transactions
- Processing failed payments and open claims
- Active participation in order to reach the required KPIs
- Follow-up the developed features monitoring KPIs to define how successful they are
- Compliance monitoring
- Evaluate compliance to legal regulations
- Operational support
- Keep our prices up-to-date in the different stores aligning to our pricing strategy
- Document user stories for our SCRUM development process
- Academic background in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar
- Highly structured and logical thinker
- Experience working in a business environment (can include part-time, internship, etc)
- Excellent English skills - both in writing as well as speaking (german would be a plus)
- Hand-on knowledge of SQL
- Proactive and self-reliant - you work independently to achieve goals and only ask for help if needed
- Reliable and committed to delivering high-quality work
- (Bonus) You are experienced in dealing with payment partners, specifically Payment Service Provider and Fraud Solution Providers
- Vast learning experience with deep exposure to engineering, product, and marketing in a startup-environment
- Learn the practice of payment and fraud analysis for the online industry, working with the latest data technology
- Opportunity to collaborate with many different departments
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits