Junior Software Engineer (Java) (m/w)
We are looking for a talented software developer to complement our experienced teams in our Munich office. Our junior developer program is designed for enthusiastic developers who are starting their first job after graduating from university and features a mentoring program as well as methodical workshops to help make your transition into working life as smooth as possible. Join our team and become part of the fitness
revolution ranging from fully electronic fitness equipment over iPad based customer relationship systems to eGym.de.
eGym develops, manufactures and sells the world's most advanced software and hardware products for the fitness market. We develop professional fitness machines for premium gyms in the Germanspeaking regions and rest of Europe. With our training software eGym PREMIUM, gym members achieve their personal training goals as fast and as effective as never before. On top, our innovative eGym Trainer App further supports trainers at the gym as well as personal trainers in assisting their members and customers. All data is accessible for our end customers through our website, iOS App as well as Android App and can be linked and connected to various partners.
- You love to solve difficult problems and follow a structured and precise approach
- You have practical experience in Java development and enjoy experimenting & testing new languages and technologies
- You have proficient SQL and Linux skills
- Writing and maintaining tests is fun for you and not a burden
- Having worked on open source projects is a plus
- Ideally, you have previous experience with NoSQL databases
- You will work in one of our Javabased, agile development teams
- The team's main task is to integrate 3rd party data providers into the eGym cloud system
- This involves creating, extending and maintaining interfaces between our application and other clients and working with technologies such as REST, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, MongoDB and Cassandra in our cloudbased infrastructure
- We strongly encourage selfinitiative and are looking for your active participation in improving our feature set, infrastructure and performance therefore you can spend 10% of your time on own businessrelated projects
- Startup atmosphere in our successful & fastpaced team
- Varied tasks in agile, crossfunctional teams with complementary development focus
- Longterm perspective in a significantly financed startup with sustainable business model and strong market traction
- The opportunity to constantly extend your knowledge (new challenges, conferences, development budget)
- Freely assign and prioritize 10% of your time to own businessrelated projects
- Free office food (fruits, coffee, tea etc.)
Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, certificates, ...) as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying reference ID #045 and the jobboard you found us with. In case you have a Stack Overflow or Github account please specify them in your application. Contact: Sarah Utke.