(Junior) System Administrator (m/f)
SponsorPay is the world’s leading value-exchange advertising platform. Our innovative solution drives the monetization of premium content on platforms such as Facebook, iOS and Android through brand engagement, user acquisition and direct response ad campaigns.
We are headquartered in Berlin with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. We were honored as one of the world’s top 100 digital media companies by OnMedia in 2013 as well as Europe’s second-fastest growing digital company by Media Momentum in 2012.
For our fast-growing Berlin office we are currently recruiting a (Junior) System Administrator.
As member of our IT operations team, you maintain and develop our server landscape with ~50 servers and various open source services. This infrastructure is currently handling up to 300k requests per minute, doubling every few months. You are also in charge of our office network in Berlin and counsel our other offices in IT related questions.
- With other system engineers and DBAs, you ensure and improve system uptime and response time, scaling the system as needed
- You work with our developers on changes to the infrastructure required by new features and products
- You maintain and further improve our monitoring systems
- You take part in the weekly on-call rotation and respond to service outages
- You work with the office IT team on optimizing our in-house network
- Smart. For example, you have a very good university degree in computer science or a similar field or you are a certified network engineer
- At least one year working experience in the operations of web applications
- Solid working knowledge of Linux and good command of at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Perl, sh)
- Very detail-oriented and thorough work approach as well as strong problem solving skills under various sorts of constraints and stress
- Experience in monitoring (Nagios/Icinga, Munin and other tools), IPv4 networking (iptables, Traffic Shaping, OpenVPN) or experience with appliances like switches and loadbalancers are a big plus
What we offer
- Amazingly international team with more than 140 passionate people from 30+ countries
- Casual work environment characterized by flat hierarchies, a friendly atmosphere and open discussion.
- Support and assistance in relocating from outside of Berlin.
- Competitive remuneration package.
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job (both technical and non-technical). If you are active on sites such as stackoverflow.com, Hacker News, github or twitter, please include your username(s) in your application.
Please apply at www.sponsorpay.com/careers