Head of Engineering (m/f)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Head of Engineering
Start: 15.03.2018 - Offices: Berlin - fulltime
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron
- Lead (and develop) Kiron’s tech team, consisting of software engineering and IT operations.
- Foster a culture of learning and optimization by analyzing workflows, establishing priorities, developing standards and leading sprints.
- Work effectively with Kiron's CPO and project managers on the technical implementation of strategic decisions.
- Work with developers to introduce technical innovations that provide a stable and secure infrastructure for the entire organisation.
- Coordinate work packages for your team, lead engineering discussion on full-stack architecture and implementation, as well as develop and coordinate cloud architecture.
- Contribute to technology related decision-making processes and communicate technology strategies across a broad network of stakeholders and partners.
Your set of skills
- You are fluent in English (C1, according to the The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), German is a plus.
- You are a great communicator, with strong interpersonal, leadership and organisational skills and a proven track record of leading agile teams.
- You are experienced with continuous integration and deployment and cloud architecture (AWS is a plus).
- You have a pulse on innovative technology trends to build strategy and can quickly adapt to new challenges, while maintaining a clear mindset.
- The opportunity to lead a fun, dynamic, international, interdisciplinary, and highly committed team.
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input.
- A (mostly) bleeding edge tech stack, using React, GraphQL, Laravel, and PostgreSQL, containerized, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject "HE + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 12.01.2018
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different tech positions. More at our homepage!