Junior Web Developer (m/f/d) - WordPress
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Our Purpose: Taking company culture and employee engagement to the next level.
Be part of our crew.
We are a SaaS company that tracks employee engagement within small to mid sized companies across various dimensions and provides easily digestible, customisable and actionable insights to the people managers. As a subsidiary of kununu.com and XING, we have aspirations to take this global and therefore we need you to help us grow!
A challenging task
- As part of our Digital Marketing team you work closely with our Dev teams to further develop and maintain WordPress-based solutions, themes, and plugins.
- You will collaborate with the product and marketing managers as well as with our web team to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand, e.g. when it comes to diagnose and resolving bugs and support requests.
- You will set up creative technical solutions and features for our WordPress installations that realize complex business objectives for our blogs (kununu DACH, kununu US and kununu engage).
- You are in charge of analyzing user story acceptance criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues.
- You make sure that we can deliver on time and scope and flag any concerns early to allow plan adjustments.
A convincing background
- You already have 1-2 years of experience in working as a WordPress developer on publicly available web pages, with core experience focusing on frontend development.
- Having a finished university degree with a focus in Web Development, Software Engineering, (Technical) Online Marketing etc is a plus.
- You bring strong knowledge of WordPress development and experience with complex WordPress web pages to the table and you also have a good understanding of PHP and HTML/CSS. Experience in working with Git is a plus.
- You have no problem setting up your own Wordpress theme or plugin according to Wordpress Codex standards and have the ability to quickly crasp other developer's code.
- You have a basic understanding of development and deployment workflows and you know about the importance of processes that allow fail-proof production code.
- You are eager to learn and improve your skillset in working with tools like Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel and Marketing Automation tools (e.g. Marketo).
- You have a systematic approach to all tasks, including independent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Your profile is rounded out through your fluent English skills - German is a plus.
An inspiring environment
- We take pride in providing an innovative and dynamic environment with flexible working hours.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- We offer you a variety of training options and regular team events.
- In addition, we provide organic fruits and drinks in an inspiring Startup environment.
- Your MacBook can also be used for personal activities outside of work and you have 6 weeks of vacation per year.