Technology Scout (m/f/d)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
We are seeking a Technology Scout (m/f/d) to join our Digital Innovation Accelerator (DIA) Team based in Berlin.
The Technology Scout for the Digital Innovation Accelerator (DIA) is an essential member of the DIA team, strengthening the connection between the outside world and the DIA. As Technology Scout you will be responsible for vigilantly identifying and monitoring novel digital technology developments, including breakthrough innovations, start-up, university, accelerator, corporate, and venture capital activity, particularly as it relates to the agricultural industry. While staying abreast of all digital agtech developments, you will also scout for specific technologies to solve identified internal business needs. Furthermore, you will be responsible for analyzing competing technologies to identify differentiators and will be responsible for communicating and updating the DIA and other internal stakeholders on your findings. Lastly, you will also work with the team to identify particularly promising novel opportunities for co-development.
This is a full time - permanent job with an unlimited contract.
- Independently stay abreast of market trends, key players, and areas of emerging innovation.
- Communicate findings with DIA team members and an extended network of internal stakeholders.
- Thorough documentation of all learnings for both internal and external knowledge share.
- Understand how emerging innovations are likely to disrupt the core business.
- Willingness to travel several times a year internationally, as well as travel as-needed to various conferences and meetings.
- Establishment of strong network of potential external collaborators.
- Timely, effective, and organized communication with core team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to function independently with little instruction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in a technical field relevant to KWS needs, such as Information Technology or Agriculture.
- Enthusiasm for the potential of technology to benefit the agricultural industry.
- An eye for envisioning how emerging technologies in adjacent industries might transform the agricultural industry.
- A sense of urgency and understanding of the rapid pace of technology development.
- A keen sense for market differentiators, and the ability to objectively analyze competitive landscapes.
- Prior start-up experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
KWS is one of the world's leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed and sunflowers. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.147 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries.
Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://www.linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.