Head Scout (m/f)
- Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
leAD – “legacy of Adi Dassler” – is a Berlin based Sports Accelerator with a program focused on funding and supporting innovative early-stage sports startups.
For our founders Klaus, Horst and Stefan Bente, Adi Dassler was not only their grandfather but also a vital role model: his sense of family, his visionary, inventive and entrepreneurial genius as well as his business standards and commitment to excellence shaped them to this date. He inspired them to gather a group of key players in sports and found leAD. Their credo: Bring together not only some of the most sought after experts from the sports industry, but also follow an interdisciplinary approach to make our founders better founders, leaders and team players.
2017 was a fantastic start for leAD. Out of 480 applications from all over the world, the best 15 joined us for the very first batch in Berlin. And while we’re getting ready for our first Demo Day, we’re already preparing for next year’s program. Our application phase is starting in February, and we’ll be again looking for the most interesting startups in sports innovation around the globe – but to find them, we need you!
You are a rockstar in finding the latest startup gems in the sports industry. Your role will involve researching sports innovation around the world, reaching out to to new contacts, designing the recruitment strategy, helping develop a streamlined and consistent application and evaluations system, and interviewing candidates for the program. For all of that, you will work closely with the Head of Program.
- search and engage with the best early stage startups in sports innovation
- take the lead in developing new, smart ways of scouting startups for our program and add them to our already 2000+ startups strong database
- manage large pipelines of scouting prospects and lead a small team through it
- (re)present leAD at pitching, networking and other startup events all over the world (together with the Head of Program)
- Organize the startups’ attendance for Selection Week, aid the jury with the necessary information and convert invited startups to join leAD’s program
- guide startups through the leAD program monitoring milestones, connecting them to partnerships and mentors, and supporting them to build their investment case
- experience in scouting startups, maybe even worked for an accelerator
- a good understanding of startup markets and current trends within the sports / tech sector
- knowledge about how to evaluate startups and how to spot the promising ones
- great people skills: you love founders and helping them grow
- an eye for detail as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills - ideally native or fluent English speaker. Confident phone/skype manner is a must!
- a natural networker, outgoing, ambitious and buzzing with energy
- a great team player, but also a strong individual performer
- super organized, a can-doer and true problem solver
- excited about new business ideas and startups
- passionate about sports!
- a unique opportunity for you to put together the second batch of our still young sports accelerator and leave your mark on multiple startups
- access to world-class mentors
- an awesome team to work with
- attractive remuneration
- flexible working hours
Excited? Apply now!
Not exactly you? Job descriptions rarely ever describe people (that’s why they’re called job descriptions). If you’re seriously excited about the job but lacking 2-3 things, get in touch anyways and we’ll see whether / how we can make it work.