Lead UX Designer (m/f)
- Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
DaWanda is the online marketplace for unique and handmade items. Designers and creatives offer their one of a kind and limited-edition products for sale on www.dawanda.com. Going against the grain of mass-production, DaWanda is a haven for those who value individuality and responsible consumption, as much as they like the latest trends. On the website you can find unique fashion, accessories, baby items and home decor. DaWanda is a social commerce platform, where consumers can exchange creative ideas and find inspiration from one another. Many products are created to the individual specifications of the buyer.
What it´s all about
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer (m/f) for parental leave substitution.In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other teams. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for a team of designers to improve the user experience for innovative and intuitive applications used globally in many languages.
- Responsible for leading and developing the UX team across all platforms (mobile / web)
- Ensure a user centered approach is at the core of everything we do
- Working in a matrix structure within an agile environment
- Help define the UX strategy, goals, functionality and requirements
- Be proactively involved when required across any topic, no matter how big or small
- Apply a data-driven approach to UX design
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Profound industry know-how and several years of experience in UX, information architecture and visual design
- Strong communication, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver quality user experiences in a collaborative structure, bringing out the best in the team
- Fluent in English
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- Seeing your ideas become a reality and generate value
- Participation in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Working with 200 people in a beautiful loft in Berlin
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete application stating the earliest date you could start and indicate your salary expectations.