Legal Assistant (m/f)
We’re Point Nine Capital, an international early stage VC based in Berlin and we’re searching for a Legal Assistant to join our operations team. We’re a small and down-to-earth team with a diverse set of backgrounds. Our mission is to find and back the best early-stage internet startups in Europe and helping them achieve their full potential to create superior returns for our LPs.
As a Legal Assistant at Point Nine you’ll be in charge of administrating all legal documents that come across on a normal day of a Venture Capitalist. You’re also responsible for coordinating internal and external partners like notaries, tax advisors and lawyers to help Point Nine run their day to day business. The role will be a full time (40h) position.
What will you be working on?
- You’ll be responsible for managing and administering the legal side of investments in portfolio companies and cooperate with external partners such as banks, lawyers, notaries and startups.
- You’re in charge of our internal database of legal documents and in charge of maintaining and expanding it to guarantee everything is in order and in place.
- You’ll help on drafting and reviewing legal documents related to our daily business such as resolutions, powers of attorney and transaction agreements.
- As the go to person for legal questions you’ll support our investment team at the various stages of the investments such as preparing notary appointments and administrate follow-up transactions.
- You’ll work close with the Finance Director on overseeing and managing the day-to-day administration of our holding companies.
- You’ll cooperate with, and support our external lawyers in preparation and execution of shareholders-, investment- and subscription agreements.
Who are we looking for?
- You have an education in Business Law, Law or a similar field.
- Experience in private equity/venture capital, startups, accelerators or startup incubators is a plus.
- You’ve got excellent written and oral communication skills in English, good German or other European language skills are a plus.
- You’re very organized, work client-service oriented and have a great attention to detail.
- You’re a flexible enthusiast that values professionalism and a “can do” attitude.
- You work with a high level of integrity and discretion when handling confidential information and dealing with senior professionals.
- You call yourself a problem-solver and can prioritize tasks when needed.
- You’re able to complete high volumes of complex tasks and projects quickly without requiring constant supervision.
- You react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
About Point Nine!
- We offer an exciting job in a meritocratic, no-nonsense, no-ego environment in the heart of Berlin.
- You’ll be able to meet lots of interesting people, products and technologies on a day to day basis.
- You’ll be part of the startup ecosystem and learn everything around venture capital and early stage investments.
- We offer a competitive salary pack and support your career.
- You can choose your hardware and work gear!
- You can become part of one of the hottest European early stage VCs.
- You can attend and participate in international meetups and conferences (Berlin, San Francisco, Paris).
If you’re interested in joining our team please submit your application (CV, cover letter, transcript of grades) to email@example.com by stating your salary expectations and earliest starting date.